Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Running issues

833 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  dony409 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I am going to redo this! 86 g head motor with glhs stage ii mopar performance lm. I hbe run the 2 wires for the ais (if their backwards the car goes into no boost limp) an have set base idle etc the timing is like 13-14• of timing. It's super powerful just won't idle. If you rev it up and let off it decels at 15hg idles beautiful for 5 seconds then goes super rich sputters and pulls horrible vacuum

#6 ·
It was the rake booster hose and not what I was expecting usually idle goes way up but it didn't? And I reput the timing back to 14 and it made the idle a wee bit better but it's starts to detonate a wee bit at full boost so I am going to kill it a bit to be safe I ordered a wideband today so well see when it it gets here what my wot mixture is... Right now I just have a ancient exhaust has analyzer. But it's very instant so I'm am going to get it to work while Sri ing

#12 ·
No!

Been stated before, you need to listen!

The computer you are running is made for a completly different setup than what you have! So the spark and fuel curves are going to be entirely off!

Yes you can run a TII setup on an 84-85 "ghead" motor, but IT NEEDS TO BE RECALIBRATED!

You cannot get the 86 L-body TII GLHS LM recalibrated by anyone here, unless you find a private member willing to do it!

Shel-Game doesnt deal with pre 87 TII cals, Cindy doesnt do anything over 14.7 psi boost for 85-87 TI/GLHS cals and usually wont rewrite them much more than close to stock.

It idles like crap BECAUSE YOUR FUEL IS OFF!

It DETONATES at boost BECAUSE YOUR SPARK CURVES ARE OFF!

It probably runs "super powerful" because you are so far advanced given the spark curve for the 782 calibration.

You need to stop, and get what you need to run this car proper. Otherwise I'm going to see you on here week after week with running issues.

People would be more apt to help you out if you heeded their advice. And it would be a lot easier to fix your issues if you were running something that wasnt such a cobbled mess.

#13 ·
Sorry but you sir are incorrect... It was my o2 sensor I am now in the midst of replacing it... And what was contributing to my issue also was a vacuum leak going to the fpr. If your not going to provide help then why do you always but In? My timing is 13• now if you think that is super duper soo much timing that everything is going to die I promise you it will not the "detonation" was actually just misfiring solved easily by a stronger coil and different plugs . Most of my issues are caused by my use of used parts , it has an 87 glhs logic module and can't you socket them?

#14 ·
Dony, dony, dony... when you do drive that thing, just using basic logic things are going to be off calibration wise, which would be fine on say a TBI, but your running 14psi of fricken boost, do you really want to risk the fuel curves being off when your pulling 14psi? Yeah, you could pull 50 passes at WOT down the road fine but then you catch alittle detonation at the wrong time and you'll be pushing it back up the road. Too many turbo dodges have died because of this mistake, calibration is critical.

#16 ·
No, the GLHS calibration uses two chips, which is the same setup as all 85-86 TI calibrations. It has a lot slower processor speeds in it, so most vendors do not change the calibrations on them past the 2-BAR map limits (14.7 psi) because a 3 bar MAP uses different voltages for the same pressures. This is why back in the day MAP bleeds were used to achieve 15+ psi, to fool the computer into thinking it was only seeing 14 psi, its limit.

In 87 they changed the calibration and chip layout of ALL vehicles EXCEPT for the L-body (omni, horizon, turismo, charger) which all used the 86 style chip layout/LMs, INCLUDING the GLHS models from 86 and 87. The l-body didnt move to TBI until 88 or 89, and by then only the omni and horizon were being manufactured.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.