Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 sundance with a 2.5 turbo and I did a custom flash from d-cal, the flash I used was the "90MP_MTX_3-Bar_Sw-Bst_+20". Im running a three bar map sensor and the 20% bigger injectors. The problem is when i first started the car it ran fine and the air fuel mixture gauge said it was running rich, but when it got up to 180 degrees the o2 sensor changed position and all of a sudden the car started to run crappy and my air fuel gauge went from bieng rich to lean and the car was puffing black smoke out of the tail pipe. PLEASE HELP!!!

· Registered
358 Posts
The black smoke smells like gas?
It should be unburned gas, the O2 sensor must be failing, or the map, or the coolant sensor, check for fault codes FIRST

that indicates there IS unburned fuel and you are running VERY VERY RICH, so, if you are very very rich and o2 sensor reads lean... haha check codes and work from there

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a brand new map sensor, I checked codes and there was none. in the cal there was a setting still set on the cal at 2 bar it was, "map constant39 value#855a" with this still set to 2bar can this cause the problem, should i go into the cal and change it to 3 bar?

· Registered
494 Posts
Shel-Game did an awesome job with the cals he put up on D-Cal, but none of the fueling tables except for the main three are scaled. Starting fuel, fuel from coolant, every table that affects fuel has to be changed. Disable O2 feedback too until you get everything figured out, do you have a wideband?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.