Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 87 Shelby CSX #608 to catch up on some bill that added up while i was out of work. The car is from arizona so is 100 % rust free even inside the doors(between the outer skin and interio panel). The top half was repainted because the paint and clearcoat was fried from the Arizona Sun with ne decals. the interior was replaced with one from a CSX wrecked with low miles so the interior is in great condition but the passenger has a small rip on a bottom crease where i tried to to remove a tiny stain with a cleaner that was way too strong so there is a bleach spot also but is not that noticeable. other interior parts include a set of interior quarter panel cover and a extra pair of interior panels. the car has 151000 on the odo but runs like it was 40000 and may have been rebuilt. The car does not smoke at all cold or warm. The car is all stock except the mopar perf comp and the 555 tranny so its good for modification up to and over 300 whp or a super 60 upgrade. Garage kept Many new parts have been maintained in tip top shape because its my daily driver right now. The car has AR wheels on it right now but i have the centurians in good cond with wheels stored and will go with the car. the car has a cd removable face but i have the original radio. AC will work shortly as soon as i do a 134 conversion this week.

new parts

tune up
catalic converter, stock muffler replaced with 2.5 tubing
fuel pressure regulator
fuel pump and fuel filter
heater core
heater control valve
battery
alternator
driver weather stripping
driver and pass side outer belt molding (window scrapers)

extra parts

a/c compressor and lines
vaccum harness
hoses belts etc
hep
hood release cable
and many more i cant remember.

asking $4200 US OBO

Any interested party please post, email or pm. I am no hurry to sell i want to enjoy it as much as possible like taking it to the Shelby VOLO show next week.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Very nice CSX....Well worth the $4200

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot to mention new battery and rear shocks. and some more pics.........

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for those who asked the A/C is now working and ready for the summer. also included is a extra (new)compressor, ac lines and misc parts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
munozj001 my wife and I would be very interested in your car. (Hope my wifes car sells quick! Its been in the paper a few days and is gathering some calls) We have been looking at a some Shelbys and were narrowed down to a few. Your car just made it to the top wish list. A few questions.....are you speculating about the engine rebuild or are you assuming cuz it runs well, hows the tranny, (basically is the car ready to go or is there a few things that need to be done (brakes, wiring ect) before it drove to its new home? Lastly would you be interested in meeting me part of the way for delivery? I live in S. IL near Carbondale

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan Burton said:
munozj001 my wife and I would be very interested in your car. (Hope my wifes car sells quick! Its been in the paper a few days and is gathering some calls) We have been looking at a some Shelbys and were narrowed down to a few. Your car just made it to the top wish list. A few questions.....are you speculating about the engine rebuild or are you assuming cuz it runs well, hows the tranny, (basically is the car ready to go or is there a few things that need to be done (brakes, wiring ect) before it drove to its new home? Lastly would you be interested in meeting me part of the way for delivery? I live in S. IL near Carbondale
Ryan,

this engine runs excellent, i wouldnt have driving this 87 cross country from AZ if i didnt think the engine was excellent. not that many TD can make a trip. the engine was not opened up to check if it was rebuild but the mechanic at our garage that checked the car after the trip mentioned it looks like it was repacked. i can try to get a hold of the last owners to confirm if i can get in touch with them. when i bought this car my in laws actually were the ones to pick up the car and stored it for me. lot of wrench and labor went into this car. the CSX is complete and the brakes are new, i am currently using it as a daily driver until i take delivery of my shadow today. I was originally was going to sell it to pay bills but couldnt resist a SD i always wanted and i need to make room for it ( damm i wish i had a driveway). i give all of you a hint its black, shelby and a L body. if you want to schedule a time for you to see it in person i will PM you my #

Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ryan Burton said:
A few questions.....are you speculating about the engine rebuild or are you assuming cuz it runs well, hows the tranny, would you be interested in meeting me part of the way for delivery? I live in S. IL near Carbondale
I got in touch with the last owner, he told me The engine has never been rebuilt, If anything it has had the head rebuilt but he is not sure he did mention the turbo had real low miles on it. the tranny is good and yes i can meet you half way.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Here's a pic of Jose's car when it was at the Shelby show in Volo, IL on 5/28.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
My wifes car still has not sold as of yet.....our fingers are crossed though. We are hoping that something happens soon. Thanks for the pm and will contact you as soon as we are down to one car. (by the way half way sounds great, I might even drive the S to meet you depending on the temp. Black car+no AC+90 degrees+no cruise=long ride. Would be fun ride home though! Man I hope our car sells soon)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Below are pics of the centurians with almost new tires and the signed Volo plaque. I will also include a CD-ROM containing the 87 CSX, Lancer, GLHS Unique parts list and Shelby Performance Catalog. In the glove is the original CSX owners manual.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just told my wife your centurians are in much better shape than mine...She just exclaimed dont think your going to start robbing parts from my car! Got a few hits over the weekend (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the right offer i can throw in a EXTRA 87 TURBO SHADOW. the RED shadow is running and can be used as daily driver or a parts car. all it needs is a power steering line repaired and a valve cover gasket. the exterior is decent with faded red paint in parts, some surface rust on the front of the hood and lower quarter panel. the interior is the same as the 87 csx and has many good interior parts. the headliner is sagging and has a sunroof. post, email or pm with any questions.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Another Bump for you Jose,

Here's a couple more pics, one of the red 87 ES this winter right after it was washed and waxed, and another of the 87 CSX at the volo show.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts