Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning out the garage, here's your "RWD conversion" kit:

Parts were removed By me from my old 91 2.5 dakota and stored inside my garage since removal.

1) Bare Block (common block)
2) Bellhousing/5-speed transmission
3) Exhaust manifold

$150/all 3

Cheap/free delivery possible in MI/WI/MN depending on your location and timetable.

I'll work on getting some pix uploaded here...

·
Premium Member
9,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
block pic shows the RWD specific mounting bosses

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good luck with sale wish I was closer (In upstate NY) always wanted to do a RWD swap but too many other want to do too!!

·
Super Moderator
11,699 Posts
if I recall correctly there were two different bellhousings used ???
maybe depending on the trans ?

again IF I remember correctly one bellhousing is needed to use the supra or colorado transmissions - but I have no clue which one..

I'd have to say if you're going to scrap stuff at least save the bellhousing - it's the one part that IS hard to find - and the shipping won't be the deal killer the trans would be

I wish I could say I'd be interested in just "collecting" the B-H but not right at this moment .. sorry

but at least you could use it as a basket for storing other other things in the meantime..

though if you want to start the ultimate TD build , all you need now is the factory five cobra daytona kit and an R/T motor with two shelby valve covers
lol -take THAT to the next ford show ....

·
Administrator
10,171 Posts
if I recall correctly there were two different bellhousings used ???
maybe depending on the trans ?

again IF I remember correctly one bellhousing is needed to use the supra or colorado transmissions - but I have no clue which one..

I'd have to say if you're going to scrap stuff at least save the bellhousing - it's the one part that IS hard to find - and the shipping won't be the deal killer the trans would be

I wish I could say I'd be interested in just "collecting" the B-H but not right at this moment .. sorry

but at least you could use it as a basket for storing other other things in the meantime..

though if you want to start the ultimate TD build , all you need now is the factory five cobra daytona kit and an R/T motor with two shelby valve covers
lol -take THAT to the next ford show ....
You are correct! The NP535 (which is what he has now) used a "Borg Warner" type 4 bolt bell housing pattern. They are close, but do not match up.

The later year trans, The NV (New Venture) 5 spd equivalent uses the Aisin-Warner inherited rear ball/trans mount pattern. This works with a lot of trans, from the Jeep to the Supra (R154 series family) and the Solstice/Sky Colorado/Canyon MA5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts