Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, the RS550 is definitely one cool little ride. Beck 550 is a wish list car because it is more accessable and you don't feel like a heathen modding it.
In the meantime I've been eyeing a Ghia for a build and a leftover Mitsu turbo just might find it's way on there!
Sorry got carried away there. As for the Spitfire conversion, it does run. Still waiting for the exhaust and trans tunnel before testing and tuning can begin. It's at the shop now by the way.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The 914 uses the same bolt pattern as a normal Bug. However, it is a mid-engine car. Kennedy says they make adapter plates for the 914 tranny as well, so i don't see any reason why you couldn't use one in a mid-engine application..

Maybe i'm missing something.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
man have I got it bad.... a cravin for a SC doin a wheel stand.... now thats what I call fun.......with a neon headed 2.5 and a 904

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
long run

this post has been going on for almost a year... that's AWESOME!!!
Maybe I just found a way to stick to a manual tranny behind the 273 in the omni, (not a pipe dream I swear) that I've been collecting parts to make happen.....
Thanks to all those that contributed.... I know it's not td, but hey, this post sounds like it may spawn some WICKED rides...
Keep to the grindstones all
Jon

·
Registered
152 Posts
Show me some pics! : )

Gotta bring this "year old" thread back to the surface.
nvr2old- What are you doing about the speed/distance sensor? Are you using a SMEC from a manual trans car/van?
I want to do this to my 32 Plymouth 3 window/rumble seat coupe. It's just a shell and a pile of parts now, so I'm not hurting anything. First it will run on a 2.4L/5 speed and chassis from a 93 RAM50. I want to swap to 2.2 or 2.5 T1(and SMEC) with a Dak bell/Supra trans and work the bugs out...then it's time for the Hybrid head.
Jim
edit: So what about the 6 speed? Like from a 95 TT Supra? Is this a different bell/bolt pattern that the earlier (87-92ish) 5 speeds?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
im down here in nz and i have a 84 daytona t1 and would dearly love to make it rwd, out of all the replys here has anyone done it or in the process of doing so, i would love to see some step by step pics

·
Registered
282 Posts
Old news

Outlaw_78ca said:
heh running with the idea of building kit cars with TD power and insulting groups. I had thought of the idea of converting my dead honda CRX into a mid engine street fighter with a little twist...Thats right instead of using a honda engine (wimpy little 1.5L 12 valve) I would use a 2.2L Chrysler Turbo 1 (older suck through type since that is more then enough power for a little CRX)
2.2 turbo II already been done but why not the one I saw was very nicly done but very complicated fab work made import crowd made to be beaten byTD in honda body.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
ok can anyone help at all even old pics or any info would be good

·
Registered
196 Posts
read further up on this thread... nvr2old is almost done with one right now. 76(?) Spitfire TII RWD. Looks good, we'll see how it works VERY soon.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm almost positive it's a different bolt pattern, I believe it was brought up somewhere at some point in time. It's nice to know that the supra trans will work but I'm still looking for a good Auto option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mobettaboost said:
this post has been going on for almost a year... that's AWESOME!!!
Maybe I just found a way to stick to a manual tranny behind the 273 in the omni, (not a pipe dream I swear) that I've been collecting parts to make happen.....
Thanks to all those that contributed.... I know it's not td, but hey, this post sounds like it may spawn some WICKED rides...
Keep to the grindstones all
Jon
Use an AX15 bellhousing from a 3.9L V6 Dakota. Will bolt right up to that 273 and the Supra trans. My RWD T2 dream car??? A first gen Dodge Colt. Already RWD and if they could put Hemis in them for pro stock racing, then T2 will fit no problem. Now I just gotta find one of them Colts, hard to find!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
How old is a 1g colt? And were they one of those early cross-manufacturer cars, like a ford ranger/mazda pickup?
On the pickup note, if ANYONE can find a rampage that isn't a pile of rust, let me know... the leaf spring rear suspension would make the rwd conversion MUCH easier, than fabricating parts for the omni... AND it'd be a pickup, to haul parts for my turbo 2.5 omni....
Jon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
All this talk about rwd trannies hooked to a 2.2 puts a lot of ideas through my head, I've got a friend with an 024 that was setup for a smallblock V8 and rwd years ago I've been tossing around the idea of making him an offer on it.

One question I've never had answered is what are people doing about the pilot bushing in the back of the crank? most rwd transmissions use one but most 2.2/2.5 cranks don't. Does the supra trans engage this bushing correctly when used with a dakota bellhousing?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
mobettaboost said:
How old is a 1g colt? And were they one of those early cross-manufacturer cars, like a ford ranger/mazda pickup?
On the pickup note, if ANYONE can find a rampage that isn't a pile of rust, let me know... the leaf spring rear suspension would make the rwd conversion MUCH easier, than fabricating parts for the omni... AND it'd be a pickup, to haul parts for my turbo 2.5 omni....
Jon

The 1G colt is a rebadged Mitsu. Its small and light, and RWD.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1g Colt was late 70's early 80's with the predecessor to the 2.6 for an engine. Pretty "zippy" little cars. Most are long rusted away, which is why I was surprised to see one recently!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I remember that toyota also put out a little rwd, about the same time. It might have been a corolla, but I can't remember. My buddy's grandma had one, and it was probably very close in size to the colt, judging by that ebay listing... Just a thought.
If you want one of those colts, try down south or california... You may even be able to get one from a boneyard out there, if the yards aren't like Michigan's.... I am still working on a local yard to sell me a rampage they have, but they don't want to... something about a bull sh#t bounty they get from the feds for killing dreams(old cars). I even offered to pay over the fed's price, but they still wouldn't hear it... What the he!! ?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Does anybody know anything about the conversion kit listed at http://www.allpar.com/model/daytona.html? The part number it gives is P4529533. I'm looking to drop a small block into a 92 or 93 Daytona, and I was wondering if mopar actually made a full conversion kit.

41 - 60 of 198 Posts