Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
I would seriously reccomend getting an intercooler ASAP. At that boost level you are generating a good amount of heat... which can cause detonation.

I would never go higher than the stock boost level on a Turbo I without intercooling.

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
I also agree he may be generating heat but 10 is still pretty safe as long as he is not running it real hard all the time and gives it proper time to cool down instead of hot shut downs

· Registered
109 Posts
Running intercooled you will get more hp per pound of boost... more consistant power... it is less stressful on the engine... you minimize the chance of detonation or knock... I could go on and on.

You could stand to pick up 15-25hp by simply bolting on a IC. It is one of the cheapest ways to make power on a boosted car. You won't have to worry about IATs spiking when it gets hot outside in the summer or your car falling on its face after a few pulls.

I realise some of you guys have been running non-intercooled for years... but spend a little money and slap one on there.. your car will thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.