Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

Jumped to this forum on a Google search for a 1983 Dodge Rampage.
I used to have an '83 DC Rampage, but got totalled :( very upsetting.

Well, now it is time for me to find my long lost buddy :)

So, if you know anyone selling an 83 Dodge Rampage let me know please.

Cheers,
Norm

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

Check the "Cars For Sale" section.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Welcome!

yeah cruize the FS section, they pop up. Harder to find one these days in good shape

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Welcome To The Forum

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Welcome to the td family! Hope you can find your lost buddy! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
After readig thru the forums a bit, I have noticed something called a T2 and T3, which is Turbo 2 and Turbo 3 I suppose ( I am not a total gearhead, but rather a backyard mechanic LOL).
Can someone explain to me the difference between each Turbo level, besides the boost and power output ? P & Q :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to TD!!!
turbo 1=T1 they were not inter-cooled. some had the log intakes and the later ones were one piece intakes similar to the turbo 2 intakes but no charge temp sensor. the 89 and up were also 2.5's. the 84-88 were 2.2's
also the 84-86 had a garret turbo and the 87 and up had mitus. these were all 8 valve cars.

turbo 2-T2 motor is similar to the turbo one but is inter-cooled and has an all forged bottom end and is very stout and had a garret turbocharger. these also were all 8 valve cars. some of them modified by shelby (AKA csx charger and omni glhs were turbo 1 bottom ends with the turbo 2 goodies and inter-cooler bolted on.)

turbo 3-T3 was a dual overhead cam 16 valve version of a turbo 2. they had a slightly different garret turbo. but pretty much the same as a turbo 2 car with a 16 valve head made by lotus. plus they did not use a distributor and had coil packs
Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome info iroctonachick91 :)
Thanks much, surely helps

I just picked up an 83 Dodge rampage, and want to throw a turbo in it. I have seen many conversions written here. SO in your opinion, would you say the T3 is best or a T2?
I am "hoping" to squeeze about 250 HP (or more) from the future engine.

I have a line on a 1987 Chrysler Lebaron, 2.2 turbo engine, or a 1987 Daytona Shelby Turbo Z engine.
Which way should I go ?

Cheers, and thanks !

·
Administrator
4,016 Posts
In my opinion the Turbo 2 engine is a cheaper option. The Turbo 3 is somewhat exotic and parts are expensive and they have some (correctable) reliablility issues.
The Turbo 2 is more common and can easily produce over 250-300HP reliable.

The 87 Daytona Shelby Z if original motor and manual trans would have the 2.2 Turbo 2. That LeBaron would have the lesser 2.2 Turbo 1.

Welcome to the forum too!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks yellonoma !!

I am going to check out the 87 Daytona Shelby Z tomorrrow :)

Cheers,

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Welcome aboard, there's a great group here willing to help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts