Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stripping a car (89 TII Daytona) and when I removed the lick panel on pass. side floor, there was no logic module there (like my old 84 Turbo Z had) do the later cars not have LM's? And if not, then what does all the computing for the Travellers?? Someone?? [email protected] :thumb:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...is this then the answer to my (now) 2 months old question?? The SMEC/SBEC (whatever) that is on my 89...did I damage something in it, that keeps my car from sending data to, and updating the Traveller?? Like I posted earlier, I (stupidly) hung a battery charger on one of my 89's and then went for a long lunch. I didnt unhook any battery cables. When I came back, turned the car on, and it started making a weird "Time bomb ticking" noice in 1 second even intervals, and crazy "chirping" noise inside. I unhooked the Traveller (where I thought the noise was coming from) and the sound stopped. Nothing else was "hurt" by this charging episode...(as far as I can tell) so...is the SMEc/SBEC somehow damaged?? This is the crux of my questions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts