Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Lets try this. Has anyone installed Monroe shocks on a SC?
I have not.

- I know that doesn't help you... I just posted 'cause I know how frustrating it can be to see that many people have viewed your post but did not leave a comment;)

· Registered
2,986 Posts
I know this doesn't help either, but when it comes to a Charger Shelby, you almost have to take what you can get. A lot of shocks are the same as regular Omni's and Chargers now days. They always want to raise the back of the car too high. I've had problems getting shocks forever for my Chargers and GLHS's. I'd say to try to get the ones that keep your car as low as possible. Maybe try Cindy at FWDperformance and see what the KYB's run for that car.
Good luck

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. That seems to be a common issue. I ordered the Monroe shocks (71204) which have the same perch height as the original Monroe Formula's but I found out that valving is quite a bit different so I suspect the ride is going to suffer with a softer shock.

I have a set of virtually new KYB's 341035 which I will be taking off and selling because I'm not crazy about the ride height. I have been going back and forth with KYB for some time because I don't believe these are the correct application for the SC despite what the catalogue says. The perch height is way too high compared with the original shock.

· Registered
2,986 Posts
A couple years ago, I had a pair of Monroe Formula GP's on the back of my 86 Shelby Charger. I got really lucky to find them. I had the car stored at a friend's property. He needed to move the car and didn't have a key. They picked the car up with a tractor of some kind. When they set it down, one of the shocks bent. Took me a while to figure out why my 7,000 mile shock was locked up. After that, I drove 140 miles round trip to get a pair of used shocks from a friends GLH Omni. He was putting the coil over Koni's on his car. The used shocks were the best thing I had gotten for that car. I even think the Formula GP's were a bit high and I always heard those were the best you could get.
Good luck to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.