Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, the car is an '86 SC with a basic TII swap, Gvalve and MP Stage II LM. The car was running great and pulling hard on 14psi!

The car started overboosting due to the homemade Gvalves nipple coming unglued! So I grabbed the brand new Gvalve off of my cousins Turbo Z and hooked it up. The Gvalve was hitting about 12-13psi on the TurboZ, I didnt change it when I put it on my SC and it was only making like 5-6 psi! So I turned the Gvalve nearly all the way in to get just 10-11psi?! Even on that 10psi it still felt kinda flat.

The next day when I drove it to work it felt still weak for 10+psi. When I left to go home the car was crap. It was slow to spool would get up to about 8psi and start sputtering! I stayed off the throttle enough to make it home. And now I need to get it back right so I can start driving again.

I pulled the Gvalve apart and it looks fine. No broke or missing vac lines either. What am I missing?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
what is your vacuum at idle? My guess is you might have skipped a tooth. Look for the basics too- plugs fuel filter, sparkplug wires etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts