Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what wheel spacers do you guy run with the 24.5x8 slicks.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
You would need 3/8" to clear the strut.

Yes, they are legal, you just need to run long studs.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I figured you would have to at least run longer stud, but why not just run a different offset rim, besides the $$ involved! Spacers are a big no-no with high hp, at least that's what every racer has ever said, as well as the spacer manufacturers!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I do run a different backspacing on my rim ;). Had some wheels custom made. More than likely going to sell them within a year and get 13" rims to run 25 x 13's with.

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
The best ones to get are from H&R Springs. Did you know you can buy the ones that allow you to change your bolt pattern???? Pretty sinkin sweet.

Frank

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glhsken said:
You would need 3/8" to clear the strut.

Yes, they are legal, you just need to run long studs.
thanks ken thats the help i was looking for,trying to get the sc race ready before october.just now installing the roll cage etc.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Kevin, did you find a Shelby Charger? I need to bring mine over when I get the axle fixed and check your's out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep i got one its all gutted and getting ready for the cage went to indy and picked it up last weekend.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How could they not be acceptable for high HP applications? I have seen a few cars with 400+HP (V8 Chev's) with spacers and not have any problems. Does the longer stud make the stud more succeptible to breaking?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts