Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a rob lloyd-made smec cal and i recently bought a scanner and it wont communicate with my car (89 daytona 2.5l t2). is there something i can change on the cal to get it to communicate? the scanner works on other cars but mine. its an older snapon scanner btw. thanks guys

travis

· Registered
2,619 Posts
It probably isn't able to read the CalID due to the way D-Cal fixes up the checksum to avoid the code 53. You can change the value at #8002 to $A139, then the scanner should ID it correctly. Of course, you'll also get a code 53 again. You should also be able to tell the scanner the engine digit in the VIN and have the scanner work that way, but not all have this feature.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it already has the code 53 and i just have been ignoring it (the light isnt on but shows up when i do the key dance). and ive also tried to do it manually and still doesnt communicate, either. but i do have another socketted smec that i will swap and see if that helps. but i will change the thingy you said and see if that helps. thanks!

travis

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It probably isn't able to read the CalID due to the way D-Cal fixes up the checksum to avoid the code 53. You can change the value at #8002 to $A139, then the scanner should ID it correctly. Of course, you'll also get a code 53 again. You should also be able to tell the scanner the engine digit in the VIN and have the scanner work that way, but not all have this feature.
well im limited to my dcal diy tuning. i opened my cal again (2.5l, 3bar, t2inj, swbst, ce, stage cal from the t-m code repository) and looked for the 8002, but the list starts off at 800c. am i supposed to add this 8002? or am i looking at a different cal. thanks rob!

travis

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess it was something that happened when i burned the chip in the first place. cus i reburned the same code to the chip and now it runs totally different (better), scanner works, and it kinda ran super rich but now its normal **strange** and it has the code 53 but its ok i can deal with it.

thanks for the help

travis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.