Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time is coming again. I was hoping to make it there this year, but can't do to some personal issue's. I hope to see lot's of pics, I even started a thread for them:thumb: Be safe, have fun, and share the memories:p.

Wish everyone a safe trip there and back home.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Re: SDAC-18 Thread! June 21-25

I'm headed out Thrusday after work. I'm stopping in Atlanta @ my parents house then off to the host hotel in Pontiac. I'll have my laptop & camera ;)

· RIP
1,361 Posts

· Registered
4,660 Posts

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts

Im going next year:thumb:
Well its always nice to follow somebody up maybe I will go with you!
I got a buddy of mine that is forsure going aswell
His name is les, He is the former President of the Midwest Shelby Dodge Auto Club.
Pretty nice guy with a very VERY nice 83 shelby charger

· Banned
3,531 Posts

yub barry said it was a tossu p for detroit and cincy this year, detroit won the vote so cincy, OH is next year, cant wait, only about 360 days to go!!!!

i made 9 passes in my car and my best was a [email protected] on 15psi, i passed off the keys to rick diogo so he could put it in the 13's for me!!!

· Banned
3,531 Posts

unfornutely not as he got a good launch but the wastegate arm popped off in second and it was all motor after that, we safety wired the arm and he told me to make a pass and then he would again, i did and i heard the pass side half shaft clicking in first and second and i pulled out and cruised in 4th for a 17.2 @61mph. i popped the hood and the pass side mount was torn across the top and was pushed back 1" so i hung out and drove home easy and now am ordering a poly from jonny.

but....rick took my best slip of 14.2 @100.25 with a .1779 reaction time and 2.586 60' looked over the car and said HE could go 13.7-13.8 in it and he knows r/ts. on several occasions he has jumped in other peoples cars blind and have beat their best time on the first pass!!! if i make it to carlisle he will run it again, if not it will be more modded next year in cincy for sdac and he will definetly make a few passes in it.

i will keep improving on the car and at the track and rick is welcome to drive it anytime, its cool to see how much faster he can run the car and then i can try to match it.

i wasnt consistent at all, first time at that track and first time in a stick. i can launch on the street with it, but its all different at the track after the mount took a crap, rick and kelly said i should launch at 3300rpms and feather the crap out of the clutch, shift to second at 5100rpms, shift to 3rd and 4th at 5300rpms and i should be a few tenths quicker. i was shifting to second at different rpms and letting out the clutch differently trying to come up with a good combo and i was running out 2nd and 3rd to 7k and trapping 100mph in 3rd. i just wish it had 3 more passes in it, one for rick and 2 for me to apply the advice. oh well, i'll go back out in 3 weeks and see what happens.

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.