Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it is alright with Barry, I would like to use this thread for talking about setting up a caravan for SDAC goers! (could always move it to Events)

I am thinking that we need to setup a meeting place for those going Friday, June 24th to Cinci. The goal is to leave Breezewood, PA (turnpike) at 10am. It will be pretty straight forward of I-70 to I-71, etc.

Frank

PS. Tell everyone if you are trailering or not. I am still deciding on whether I should(n't). The current trailer I have is heavy, high, short tongue, and no breaks. I need to find a new one that is opposite of all those! Then I will tow!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm in, could start from the Harrisburg east Pa tpke exit at about 8 am to be at Breezewood before 10, I think. Have a brand new 05 Ram/Cummins that I picked up last week, will be towing one of the TDs, haven't decided yet for sure (all 3 need some work) but will probably be the white 85 600 ES convertible.
Denny

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
We'll be comming that way. The loose plan as of right now is to leave the Lancaster PA area sometime early Friday morning

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. If I tow, it will be with my Ford Bronco... kind of irretating, but isnt bad. Gets about 11mpg when towing though. :(

Frank

Ps. Where has Bruce Bender gone?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
How long of a drive are we talking to Cinci?

I'm still not sure if I trust the GLH driving that far, even though it has never (knock on wood) let me set anywhere....

Troy

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will have a planned stop some where around the PA/WV/OH borders about half way. It will be a good place for gas, stretch, and catch up. I think we will have a few people with cell phones for if someone falls back or breaks down.

Frank

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Just outside WV in Ohio there is a town that is perfect to stop in. For reference, when we travel to Cecil and go that route, it takes 10-11 hours with stops. (580 miles)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Edgewater has drag racing that night (tnt), and saturday 2 tracks are running (1 raceday the other TnT), Sunday 1 is running (race day)

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
The phila guys were talking about leaving about 6-7 am on friday,a nd leaving late on tuesday fir a fast blast home. We can adjust our departure to meat up with you guys. We will be meeting up with two or three others from NY and MD. Should be an interesting drive.

Joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
firebaron90 said:
The phila guys were talking about leaving about 6-7 am on friday,a nd leaving late on tuesday fir a fast blast home. We can adjust our departure to meat up with you guys. We will be meeting up with two or three others from NY and MD. Should be an interesting drive.

Joe
Elaine and I will be heading out around 8AM to shoot over to Breezewood. Where is everyone planning on meeting?

Joe, do you guys want to meet here at my house around 8 or would you rather just continue across the Turnpike? I plan on shooting out 283 to Harrisburg and getting on there. Breezewood is usually an hour and 15 minutes from that point. Maybe less:eek:)

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What would be a good breakfast place? Is there a Denny's? I will be be there around 8:30-9:00 to eat breakfast. I have to leave early because I have to make it thru Washington, DC before rush hour starts.

Frank

·
Banned
1 Posts
Is there a Denny's?

Are you purposely trying to punish yourself???? EWE!!!!

Steve, good question. The caravan will be:
Me
Dave
maybe mike, donno yet( you watching mike??)
Kevin S
Dan G
and possible walt
and maybe justin cronk.

I hear that bruce bender is going, but i havent spoken to him, and i do not know about brian slowe. We will once again have out FRS radios (oh what a joy that was on the way home). Meeting up sounds good to me, but i havent been to your house in a while. i will keep you informed.

Joe

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have a beter place then Dennys? I am all ears. Its been a while since I have been to Breezewood.

FRS? Is that one of the CB channels? Will a CB hit it? I can bring my CB along then and be able to communicate.

Frank

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
firebaron90 said:
Is there a Denny's?
maybe mike, donno yet( you watching mike??)
Joe
I will be leaving long after you guys unfortunately. Last I heard, Brian wasn't planning on going at all.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
FRS? Is that one of the CB channels? Will a CB hit it? I can bring my CB along then and be able to communicate.
The rf bands are close enough that your CB will overpower some of them and they will hear you no matter what channel the FRS radio is tuned to. You probably will not be able to hear them though.

Barry

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are the FSB the handle held radios you can get at walmart and everyother place that are nice and cheap?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.