Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there was any tricks to removing the rear seats on a daytona/laser? Like do you have to remove any of the trim or anything? Any info would be appreciated..thanks..

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I took my seats out of my 92 daytona, the fronts were pretty simple, the rear was a little tougher. Front: there's a screw that holds a plastic piece to cover the bolt. Take that off. Then there are one or two bolts. Take those out. Slide the seat all the way forward and lean it forward and there will be two plastic nubs on the floor behind the seat. They unscrew out, so take those off and there will be a stud with a nut on it. Take off the nut, the stud will stay. Then simply lift the seat up and off. Rear seats: the rears are trickier. The bolts are bigger. There are two bolts located behind the seat, in the gap before the "trunk". Put the socket on an extension and stick it between the two halves of the seat in the tiny gap that splits the top and bottom halves of the seat. Use an impact wrench to get them out quick. Once the bolts are out the seats slide forward and come up and out.

Remember this is for a 1992 daytona, but I'm 15 years old, it's my first car. If I can do this, a monkey can :p hope this helps!

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
There are two silverish bolts, like posted, in between each of the seats. Look inbetween the seats, where the tops of the seats join the bottom. The bolt heads are tucked back in between the two halves of the seats, just as they meet. They should be 21mm or 13/16ths inch. Use an extension, it will make it a lot easier.

·
Super Moderator
11,723 Posts
the back seat bolts are in fact actually 13/16 seat belt bolts - a six point socket is a best bet here - pref an impact socket to boot (1/2 in drive)

find them by following the inboard seat belts down through the gap between upper & lower seat halves

you might want to know that these bolts go right through the floor - you may need to go under and clean / oil the threads first

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Unlatch the seat backs when doing the removal of the bolts,It makes it easier to get the socket in place and as well as when you do you reinstall attach the seat backs for proper height otherwise if the alignment is out you could end up breaking the plastic lock cover on the backs of the rear seat when you go to flip them up and latch them in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts