Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '88 Shelby Z has those stupid passive restraint seatbelts in it. I HATE them. Anyways, here's my idea: I want to find an '88/'89 t-top or Canadian car that has the regular seatblets. The reson is becuase they have a little plate that goes on the top of the B-pillar for where the belt goes through. To my knowledge all the cars got the mounting points in the B-pillar for the regular seatbelts.

Here's the biggest issue: I have the tan interior. It is VERY hard to find this color with the option I need to get the correct belts for my car. So, I had a stroke of so called "brilliance" tonight: plenty of other models came with that color interior. What is stopping me from using belts out of something like a K-car, Shadow, van, ect? The last time I looked the mounting was all the same.

Does anybody know if this idea can work? If so, what other models can I look for to get the color and length belts I need for my car?

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Call a boneyard... Their interchange book will answer your question.
A belt that's not a perfect match may work, though.
My '94 Duster has 1 automatic seatbelt, only on the passenger side. :confused: Who thought that one up? :bash:

· Registered
768 Posts
Call a boneyard... Their interchange book will answer your question.
A belt that's not a perfect match may work, though.
My '94 Duster has 1 automatic seatbelt, only on the passenger side. :confused: Who thought that one up? :bash:
Yeah...my shadow is like that too. Why the heck would chrysler put autos on one side and not the other. And if they are going to do that...at least make it the driver side!!

· Registered
238 Posts
Yeah...my shadow is like that too. Why the heck would chrysler put autos on one side and not the other. And if they are going to do that...at least make it the driver side!!
i think it had to do with having an air bag on the drivers side

on the plus side you get an insurance discount for having the auto seatbelt because its a passive restraint system (same category as airbags)

· Registered
1,001 Posts
i think it had to do with having an air bag on the drivers side
+1 on that. I just hate that damn thing. Even with proper lubrication the stupid thing freezes mid-travel.:bang head I like the look of confusion on people's faces when they get in my car and they look at my side, look at their side, and try to figure out how the hell to put their seatbelt on and wonder why I don't have to do the same thing.:D

· Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate having to gove a crash course in how to use the seatbelts in my car to any new people that ride in my car. It sucks. Most of the people that ride with me are younger than the friggin car!! Wow...I'm getting old! DOH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.