Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im selling a car for my dad. It is a 1992 spirit r/t and he is asking 1500 for it (although I might be able to get him to lower the price). The car was purchased not running with the motor unable to turn over, Title42 paperwork was all he got (so you can add about 100-200 dollars more to get a title for it). I pulled the car up and took the head off to see what was wrong and found the head gasket had a large section blown out of it. This would have been an easy fix for me except for the fact the car had sat for about 5 years and the water had rusted the cam lobes pretty bad where it had pooled in the back drivers side section of the head. The head itself looks ok, Ive had one other r/t that had a cracked head and there is no damage where it was cracked and none I could see anywhere else after I cleaned it. The turbo spun after I poored some oil down the feed tube, but it needs a rebuild along with the bottom end of the motor. The car has 120 k on it and is pretty decent ecept on the roof where the car sat underneath a tree and sap got stuck really well on it. The main problem the car has is, a few of the cam lobes on each cam are badly pitted (this in addition to the motor needing a rebuild), so dad has decided he doesn't want to rebuild it and wants to get his money back out of it if he can. I will check this forum tommorrow and if theres any interest I will post some pics, my email is [email protected], I am located in Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car is red and im gonna try and post a few pictures. The first is of the car, the next is of the head gasket I pulled, the next is of the head itself and the last one is of the head I had on another r/t showing where it was cracked so you know the area I looked at most when I was examining the head for cracks.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Nice,that head still has the "REM" pattern on the deck side! That means it has never been cut on. How many I would guess there are only the three dimples where the headbolt washers sit. How about a few close-up pics of the cams and rockers? Also is the cylinders rusty at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry I haven't responded sooner guys I got reallllly sick over the weekened. I talked to dad and he said he would take 1200 for the car, but if you bought it for 1500 he would throw in a spare shortblock we have that just needs rings and bearings (it supposedly came out of a shell oil test car, thats what the guy told us anyway). As for the bottom end in the 92 it is definately rusted up some. So you can count on needing to have the crank turned etc, also dont forget the cams are rusted up bad. The rollers had some rust on them but they are not pitted or anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts