Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light that only comes on somtimes so I pulled the codes but im not good at figuring them could someone help its a 94 Shadow 2.2L 5spd

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
Confused......
You are not sure how to interpret the light flashes or you have the code numbers and do not know what they are?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confused......
You are not sure how to interpret the light flashes or you have the code numbers and do not know what they are?
Lol I may sound like a tard but I can get the first code down the it wil flash the next one and im like WTF flash flash pause then Im lost. Im not good with this sort of thing :bang head

G

·
all you do is count the flash then it will pause then count the flash and thats the numbers,so 2 flashes is 2 then pause and 5 flashes is 5,thats a code 25 hope that helps

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I think I got its 33 - 24 - 37 - 55
Code 33 A/C relay open or shorted - It didnt come with ac
Code 24 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) signal out of range - Would mean my tps is bad right (causing my slugish feel going into gears)
Code 32 Power Limited light lamp failure - NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS
Code 37 Baro-read solenoid open or shorted - NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS
55 end of fault codes

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
37=Solenoid not turning on and off properly
32=84-86 lamp not working correctly?
Which solenoid??
and what does it mean by lamp not working.? like warning lamps or cluster lamps (my hvac lights dont work) but dont see that giving a code.

Sorry for all the questions its my first mopar. im use to gm OBD1 and OBD2

G

·
37 Baro-read solenoid
im not to sure on the lamp thing either,i dont know that much about it either,naj will chime in and answer that im sure,sorry

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
OK.... you have 2 threads open, I was getting confused....LOL.
I replied to one of your questions in the other thread.
Code 37 is PTU(part throttle unlock) Solenoid Circuit.(Auto Trans)
It is used to unlock the lockup torque coverter when it see's an increase in throttle position.
Your TPS problem may be the cause of this code setting.
Code 32 is an EGR System code.
Clear your codes(battery disconnect), be sure they cleared(you will have a code 12 and 55),drive the vehicle(may have to drive a few times or 10 miles or so if problems are intermittant) and recheck the codes.
Did any return?
Which ones?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK.... you have 2 threads open, I was getting confused....LOL.
I replied to one of your questions in the other thread.
Code 37 is PTU(part throttle unlock) Solenoid Circuit.(Auto Trans)
It is used to unlock the lockup torque coverter when it see's an increase in throttle position.
Your TPS problem may be the cause of this code setting.
Code 32 is an EGR System code.
Clear your codes(battery disconnect), be sure they cleared(you will have a code 12 and 55),drive the vehicle(may have to drive a few times or 10 miles or so if problems are intermittant) and recheck the codes.
Did any return?
Which ones?
Why would it have a 37 code if its a 5spd.
Gonna try to work on it tomr. and Ill reset it and pull the codes again

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
Sometimes the factory used a harness that was applicable to both and the code will be present because the connector is just laying there.
Seen it numerous times on vehicles with/without A/C or Cruise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts