Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with this idea the other night. And I'm probably gonna be starting on the project within the next few weeks. Once I get the parts I need, I'll start on the fabrication aspect of it, take some pictures and let you all know how it turns out.

· Registered
4,660 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that idea for the front bumper. But I'm figuring wider than that. What I'm plannin on doing for the fenders and quarter panels is to just take an extra pair, weld them onto the ones on my car, and do alot of glassin. Still comin up with the money for it, not to mention the additional fenders/etc. got a few junkers at a yard near my house. Trying to find out prices

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I started on my car, stripped most of the body and interior for the fresh paint. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, so you guys are gonna have to wait till I run outta film or the projects done. But I'll give you guys alittle of an update when I can.

Also started on the doors, doing alittle bit of foam and fiberglass work to them. Soon the side skirts and the bumbers will be ready.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the doors are fiberglassed and the skirts are getting close to being done. Started forming the front bumper, that'll be ready by the end of the week. Trying to get the car done by August 2nd. The back of the interior is stripped and ready for paint. hopefully this weekend.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I didn't make the deadline unfortunately. But the interior is finished and reinstalled. I'll try to get some pics in here soon. Also did a hand brake conversion. The front bumpers nearly ready for primer and the rear quarters as well. still got alittle more work to the rear bumper then time for fiberglassing. Overall the car's nearly completely. Maybe another two weeks or so with no restraints such as money issues. the next posting will have pictures in it, promise.

· Registered
3 Posts
Add me to the list of folks who can't wait to see the pix. I'm at the stage in my project where I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go with my exterior ("sleeper" vs "widebody". I can't wait to see how yours comes out.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know I said I would have them next time I was on, but I'm just waiting for the cd to get here, I had a buddy take care of the film, and it's taking him a few days to get around here, but I should have it before the end of the weekend. As an update, the rear bumper's been started, and the passenger side skirt/door/fender/quarter panel is done besides the molding them together, which should be started next week sometime, I'll find a way to get some more film for you guys

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Photobucket album

I guess that would work better, but for now, a teaser or two

sorry bout the fender glare..wasn't meaning for that. Shoulda took the flash off.

And since these pics were taken, the door was finished, passenger side comepletely done, the front bumper is pretty well finished up, just alittle more bondo, the back bumper is still in the process. and the driver skirt needs to get finished up. Still got some stuff to pick up, like grille mesh. But I'm getting closer. Lemme kno what you think

Attachments

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres some more for ya

That's the headliner, and you can see alittle bit of the design on the quarter panel.

See the hand brake?

And the overall car, hood and trunk popped. Got the skirts pretty well done, figuring I'll be spraying primer by next weekend.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Nice, I take it you left the windows open? LOL, or just alot of dust in the air. But I would hate to go to any town that has problems with pot holes with that car. Or have to get under it for some reason. But it looks great so far.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
as for the windows, they were getting tinted, best way is to take the glass out, wish I woulda known how much of a chore it was going to be. I already figured out where i can and cannot get. but yeah, it's gonna be tricky.

My car was an ES to start with, and I can't tell you all my secrets.

The console was the stock, I just sprayed it.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.