Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have someone offering me brake components from a shadow, He has the caravan upgrade and solid disks in back. If I take his set up will everything fit and fonction corectly.(master cyl., proportion valve,) on my GLH?
Are the rear disks the same as the daytona?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Depending on which brakes they are, and if they are on a Caravan with rear disc, I would almost guarantee that they are from a Daytona, but in terms of working, yes they will, just swap everything over. The only thing that may not work is the front brakes, which you would want to go with Pre-90 minivan from brakes, which would need the mounting bracket, caliper, and the rotor in some cases (depending on if you have 10.25" front brakes). But I would want to make sure what they are first, i.e. drum style e-brake with solid or vented disc, or wedge style e-brake that is solid.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I forgot to add, if they are the drum style, the e-brake on your car will still be functional.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Everything is off a 89 shadow and converted it to solid dicks in back and Caravan up front.
My concern is the rear end does it just bolt in with the hardware.His master cyl. and prop. valve are off a shadow (4 wheel disk)as well.
Is the master able to move enough oil for the bigger calliper up front?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
If that is the setup, then that is exactly what you want. All of the rear brakes for the TD's are the same, so a Daytona or any other car's brakes will fit right on to the car, just have to bolt them on. And the master cylinder will be fine, I had that setup (Mini front/Vented Disc Back) on my Rampage and it worked great. Just swap everything on to your car and go, and that is it. If you have any more questions, just let me know. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts