Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I messed up my car and I cant figure out what i did. First ill tell you what i did. Well really all i can say is that reliants don't like trying to slide.:bang head
and hoping curbs (don't try it). Now my passenger side tire has negative camber and my alinement is off and every time i accelerate from a stop my wheel vibrates for like 2 seconds then stops. I have no clue what i did so can one of you guys please tell me, then smack me up side the head for being a dumbass.

-Hagenator:drinking:

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I know that I had some what of the similar problem in my Rampage, and come to find out, my drivers side CV shaft was shot. Possible problem, but my symptoms were that it shook like an SOB from 45 to 65 mph. but +1 on the suspension check up, or just look at your control arms and make sure they aren't screwed up, and double check your shocks to make sure they are not bad. Plus a possible slipped radial in the tire would cause vibrations.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the tire was replaced and so was the rim so it can be a bant rim. i was thinking i bent my control arm or tie rods. and mabye messed up my wheel bearing. i dont know really i will have to see. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is that all? because that would be great. i mean i get all of this stuff done for free because i go to a vocational high school and there is a auto shop. so i do them favors they do me favors. it works out. if thats what u think it is that will save me some money.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
the hub bearings could be shot, lug nuts working off, strut issue, wheels in need of a balance(doubt this is the one), bent rim, the list can go on a little more... I'd have the system checked out, no need to chase down the problem when a professional can tell you what he find's wrong with the system.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
no it won't, you will spend more $$ trying to find this problem im sure.
lets say...
You think the hib bearing is loose, and replace it thinking you fixed the problem just to find out you spent 56 on a part that in return you didnt need and you still have the problem. You cant return the part so now your still chasing down something you cant see... Replace another part cause it may be it... So now your out a hundred bucks or so cause your chasing down the problem.There isn't anything wrong with that, other then you are throwing money into this car and within sometime it is going to get old and you will just want another car... Back to square one for the third time....

Spend your money wisely, when you need help get it. Chasing down things you can't see and knowing it can be one of several thing's will hurt the wallet quickly.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah this is true. now i just need to find a good suspension shop around here. thanks for talking some sense into me.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
is that all? because that would be great. i mean i get all of this stuff done for free because i go to a vocational high school and there is a auto shop. .
Why not have them look at it? :confused:
I am sure they can put the car on the lift and check for a busted up arm or loose balljoint or tierod etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i was ganna do that first anyways before i bring it to the shop. the thing is that the shop teacher is really sick right now so i have to wait like another week so ill see what happens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts