Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,600 Posts
What all are you doing? Just raising the compression isnt gonna make a huge difference w/o the supporting mods,
you'd be amazed how peppy a stock tbi gets with .040 off the head and redegree the cam (about 3° advance). you can go about .060" off the head w/o needing a shorter belt. there are other options like a larger tensioner pulley or relocate the tensioner puller. also remember when you mill the head you retard cam timing, so you need to accomidate for that.

there are sources for the shorter belt both round and square tooth. if you get a Gates belt catalog that has all the pitch and crucial dimensions, you can find another application that is one tooth shorter.

· Registered
522 Posts
my head was shaved 18 thous when I had it rebuilt, and had been shaved at least once before and retarded my cam about 2deg. and the stock tensioner just has enough travel for that, I think another 4thous off the head and I would have to find a bigger tensioner pulley

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.