Turbo Dodge Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Re: Shelby Charger featured in Shelby Times #4 found in weeds

Wow, what the luck, my next question is how you gonna sneak that one in the order, LOL. Too bad I forgot that you were using the blue wires for your car. I saw some on a TD at the yards yesterday that looked in great condition.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Wow, what the luck, my next question is how you gonna sneak that one in the order, LOL. Too bad I forgot that you were using the blue wires for your car. I saw some on a TD at the yards yesterday that looked in great condition.
The decal should be no problem. It’s a mom & pop business and we do a lot of business with them. There are a couple other projects I want them to work on for me so getting the Gainesville Dodge decal should be no problem at all.

You should snag those blue wires if they are like the ones in the photo above. They will be either Direct Connection or Mopar Performance & they are pretty rare.

·
Registered
545 Posts

That valve cover is hands down the coolest piece i've seen in a long time! Anyone make reproductions of those? ;)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Here is an early photo of the DC valve cover. Same as mine except for the indent to the left of the oil cap.

Attachments

·
Mr. Moderator
8,900 Posts

I picked up a couple pieces I was missing for the Shelby Charger. I think I have just about bought this place out of all the old MP Performance and DC parts they have for our cars... :woot woot:

NOS MP Performance 2.2/2.5 Plug wires (ultra rare) and a A413 shift kit. :thumb:
I have a set of those on my laser.
One ripped though:(

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

Rick, what is up with the distributor drive on that engine!? Was that done to use some sort of magneto or something?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Rick, what is up with the distributor drive on that engine!? Was that done to use some sort of magneto or something?

I don't know much about the 2.2 in the photo. I understand its a 440 distributor using only half the plug wires.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Chris it appears that they are using a mechanical, possibly tach drive distributor and simply running it off the rear of the cam. There appears to be extra places on the cap between the plug wires that are visible.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

I thought it was a cool accessory. I'm not too sure how accurate that 80's electronics could be but it will look nice in the SC.

I also plan on having one of my GLHS steering wheels restored and installed on the SC.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

I thought it was a cool accessory. I'm not too sure how accurate that 80's electronics could be but it will look nice in the SC.

I also plan on having one of my GLHS steering wheels restored and installed on the SC.
Its certainly a cool period piece. Who's restoring the wheel?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Not sure yet on the wheel. I recall there was a place out in TX that did a couple SDML members wheel's back in the day.

On the other hand the GLHS wheel can have the leather removed which will expose a finished foam rubber grip. One wheel I currently have has the leather removed.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Not sure yet on the wheel. I recall there was a place out in TX that did a couple SDML members wheel's back in the day.

On the other hand the GLHS wheel can have the leather removed which will expose a finished foam rubber grip. One wheel I currently have has the leather removed.
Craft Customs Steering Wheels - Quality and Dependability

Here's a company someone posted on a forum a while ago. I saved the link until I was ready to get the S car wheel recovered.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Thats the company I remember from the SDML days.

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Standin' tall. The SC has come a long way from the car in the weeds! Photo taken 01/25/09.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Hey Rick, any recent photos of your car? It's been a while since I have seen it!!!!! lol!!

·
Registered
227 Posts

Rick, nice find and resto, enjoyed reading the thread, thanks for savin it! Would love to see some more pics too..

61 - 80 of 105 Posts