Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Air Contidioner Blows COLD. The interior is very clean, non smoker and has no damage.

The Tires are Brand new with less than 400 miles on them. Also the fuel system has been completely replaced; injectors, pump, filter, gas tank. The battery is all new, as well as are the struts.

This car is ready to go and ready for the road. I have made sure it will make someone very happy. Thanks And good luck
EBAY ITEM NUMBER IS 290210325638
I have pics before paint and after. Painted 2-27-2008

· Registered
531 Posts
The Air Contidioner Blows COLD. The interior is very clean, non smoker and has no damage.

The Tires are Brand new with less than 400 miles on them. Also the fuel system has been completely replaced; injectors, pump, filter, gas tank. The battery is all new, as well as are the struts.

This car is ready to go and ready for the road. I have made sure it will make someone very happy. Thanks And good luck
EBAY ITEM NUMBER IS 290210325638
I have pics before paint and after. Painted 2-27-2008

I thought you sold this car on ebay on february 26 what happened? and how did you manage to have it painted a day later :confused:

eBay Motors: Dodge : Charger (item 290208079105 end time Feb-26-08 16:53:18 PST)

Do you mean you had the cars original paint buffed out and detailed? Not trying to knock your sale as the car is very nice, just seems fishy to me.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought you sold this car on ebay on february 26 what happened? and how did you manage to have it painted a day later :confused:

eBay Motors: Dodge : Charger (item 290208079105 end time Feb-26-08 16:53:18 PST)

Do you mean you had the cars original paint buffed out and detailed? Not trying to knock your sale as the car is very nice, just seems fishy to me.
Ok it seems fishy but I have reciepts for a new paint job on this car on 2-27-08 I had it painted cause the old paint would not POP. I wanted to count my eyelashes in the reflection and there was damage on the nose. I wanted to have all this fixed for the buyer so they would look at it and not see any thing that needed to be done to it. look at the old pictures in the link above and compare them to the new ones notice the damage on the hood, that is not there anymore, and notice the glimmer in the paint, It is NEW.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my humble opinion, this is a nice car and worth the reserve. However, if it were a 1987 GLHS then I would pay the 9K buy it now price. What did you pay for the paint job?:thumb:
If it was a GLHS w/ 21K original miles and new struts fuel system and all the thing that have been done to this one it would be worth 15 - 20 thounsand.

· Registered
54 Posts
It is my understanding that in October 2007 GLHS #742 with 22K original miles sold for 9K. The car was mint. It wasnt 15 -20K as you state. You may have an overinflated estimate of your car's value as well as a comparable GLHS. My humble opinion.:D

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It is my understanding that in October 2007 GLHS #742 with 22K original miles sold for 9K. The car was mint. It wasnt 15 -20K as you state. You may have an overinflated estimate of your car. My humble opinion.:D
Lets say that's true. It's likely every part on the car was 20 years old. Did it have Air conditioning? How about the tires,were they brand new? New master cylinder or was the one on that car 20 years old? What condition was the shifting linkage? Were the gromets shrunken and falling out like they comonly do? How about the Struts do you suppose they were new like mine are? Less than 400 miles. And most likely the paint was not fresh. All I am saying is you will not find a car equal to this one for less.

· Registered
54 Posts
Lets say that's true. It's likely every part on the car was 20 years old. Did it have Air conditioning? How about the tires,were they brand new? New master cylinder or was the one on that car 20 years old? What condition was the shifting linkage? Were the gromets shrunken and falling out like they comonly do? How about the Struts do you suppose they were new like mine are? Less than 400 miles. And most likely the paint was not fresh. All I am saying is you will not find a car equal to this one for less.
#742 had working A/C. Tires were in good shape. It was garage kept and not a daily driver. All mechanics in excellent shape. The paint was original and very good and did not need a re-paint as most true low mile cars go. The car was purchased for 9K and a video is on You-Tube. And most of all it is a GLHS only 1000 made and as you know GLHS actually came out of Shelby's plant after the mods. I am sure if you keep your 85 charger on ebay long enough you will get what you want. E-bay tends to pay more than these cars are worth. Very good luck to you. With sincerest regards. FB :)

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
#742 had working A/C. Tires were in good shape. It was garage kept and not a daily driver. All mechanics in excellent shape. The paint was original and very good and did not need a re-paint as most true low mile cars go. The car was purchased for 9K and a video is on You-Tube. And most of all it is a GLHS only 1000 made and as you know GLHS actually came out of Shelby's plant after the mods. I am sure if you keep your 85 charger on ebay long enough you will get what you want. E-bay tends to pay more than these cars are worth. Very good luck to you. With sincerest regards. FB :)
Your argument is convincing, I am still clinging to the 8500 mile Shelby not GLHS with no A/C that sold fo 14k. Although I'm not totaly convinced it did actually sell. I do greatly appreciate your cretique. The car won't be relisted whatever it brings will be the decision of the person willing to make the next bid.

· Registered
645 Posts
Very nice! :) You might consider dumping the Fram oil filter though, they are junk.:( My brother in-law lost a high dollar boat motor to a Fram. :bash:
Guess which one is the Fram? :drinking:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.