Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if there is going to be any interest in this or not. I have done the leg work in figuring out the weatherstripping and how to put it all together. Now, keep in mind, the way I've put mine together is a prototype, but seems to be ok. I am going to try and sell the parts list for a small fee if anyone is interested. I would love to put together the actual pieces but for me to order stuff and do it, it will not be cost effective for anyone. This is why I've decided to sell the parts list instead. Anyone that is interested feel free to message me up. Also, any input will be great

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
well, for the time being , "anybody" would be wisest to post here

no offence

your post is a little vague

and "anybody" might wanna see some pics here too

but as staff-body ..I'm going to say pics please .. I insist (!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics of the driver side upper weatherstripping that I have done. The same would be done for the passenger side upper. I will have pics of the lower on the door side later

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,969 Posts
This is best suited for the development lounge forum, however if you have some sets for sale, feel free to post up in the for sale section again, just include price and images as per forum sale thread requirements

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mopar Guy, could you come up with a price for the finished product ready to install?:smile2: I would like to be the judge of how "cost effective" it would be. $300? $500? $700? Some folks, myself included, spend a ton of money on these cars. I am loving your product so far, and it is otherwise unavailable. Your research and work effort towards this is invaluable! Have you tested it's ability to seal with a hose?

-Mark Lucas

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just looked up how much I had wrapped up in the weatherstripping plus the clips to hold it in on the door side. For everything I have about $350 wrapped up into material. Now mind you I did buy a little extra just so I can have a little bit to experiment with. so honestly it's probably going to be beneficial to just do it yourself because if I did put it together for the amount of time I would have wrapped up into stuff I would probably charge 200 for my time. Honestly the average DIY guy this is a project that they could tackle with quite a bit of ease and some patience. I know people dump money into these cars and I am all about putting money into them as well but I would believe dollar-for-dollar it would be beneficial to just take on this task yourself. Any questions just hit me up my phone number is 724-699-8172

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O and no, I have yet to test this with a hose. Everything looks to be basically the same as factory for fitment. Plus I'm sure if it is a little off, the window can possibly be adjusted in a tad for a tighter fit

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just saw the post about the price. Does that put the material and labor at $550 then? That would be the cost of a finished set from you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts