Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of Shelby Dakota 230. I currently have the stock ecm and the MP units for my truck. My quandary is the rpm limiter in either ecm is too low to take advantage of the mods I've made over the years. Is their anyone on this forum, or can you refer me to someone, that can modify one of these units to remove the rpm limiter or reset it at a higher rpm? All help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Try Boostbutton.com

Rob has copies of both the stock and Shelby Performance Package calibrations. I'm not sure if he has experimented with them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From what I understand Rob has closed Boostbutton.
The problem was not enough time in the day for life, work and boostbutton.
He has sold it to someone or someones who is going to start it back up.

Some ones else with a Shelby Dakota was having issue with the rev limiter, like you are. Some time searching should turn up them.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
There is not an MP Tune template for either Shelby Dakota cal. You would have to go modifty the code of the bin file to make any changes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a link to help someone new understand the program. Like how to find the location within it to make the changes. I would like to learn but it is way different than any thing I have done before. I did look at the info on boostbuttons web site. It was helpful but not enough to start modifying the cal.

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
been waiting for some one to break down the Shelby Dakota cal for years. They are past emissions and if mine doesn't go magnum it is getting a Fitech. You can buy a performer RPM intake and everything including the AC bolts up. Then use the TBI dist for spark control. Even the Fitech will run your electric fans. Get a 400 HP unit and get rid of stock TBI. If the computer is a problem later with the trans use the PATC solenoids to run the OD.

The easy way was add a 360 TBI to a performer intake for more power but you can't rev. The next thing to do is not run a 360, too much torque. A TBI roller 360 block converted to 340 with the TBI 360 heads with 2.02 valves. Match port the performer, get a roller voodoo cam and plop the Fitech on it. The 340 will rev and it doesn't have the trans and rear end crushing torque the 360 has.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the input, Pope. I am wanting to keep the truck stock. A person on the turbomopar page said they would look into decoding the Shelby cals. That was two months ago.

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
we were talking about the Shelby Dakota computer over a decade ago. Still nothing, doubt it will ever happen.

Back with D cal being used I got mine up loaded and D cal read it showing the spark curve and such. That is your best bet. Having someone with a flashable SMEC read it, then give you the bin file for D cal. Then try to figure it out on your own. You never will make any real power with the factory intake, it is horrid. The Performer is a great help. If you decide to change the heads there is really only 1 choice. The EQ magnum heads with LA bolt pattern. Then simply buy magnum push rods and lifters. Any new TBI lift is a magnum lifter BTW. Then paint the performer black. The exhaust is also really bad, 92-93 magnum has the bigger exits and look stock to many. The stock valve covers also bolt onto a EQ head. So there are ways to run better and look stock. Jesus will return before anyone goes through a Dakota computer though......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts