Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out 'hunting' tonight with my Shelby Lancer after work. I spotted a shiny blue WRX going the opposite direction with some kids driving.....I make a left and head down a side street to catch up. About a mile down the road, I catch up to the WRX. I get on the throttle a bit so I'm beside the WRX and let off the gas, letting the ATP BOV discharge as I pass him. I had my windows down and I could hear one or two of the kids in the WRX oohing and ahhing over my loud BOV. Kinda funny because I'm so used to it now I never even notice it.

Anyway, we head out of town on the highway and I wait for the WRX to floor it. I was about 1/2 car length back waiting when I heard him floor it. I hit the gas in 3rd gear at about 40 MPH and instantly walked by him. I don't know if he gave up right away or what but I was buslengths ahead of the WRX by the time I got to 4th gear.

A couple miles up the road, we come to a stoplight. I rolled the window down and the WRX driver starts talking about how loud my BOV is. I asked if his WRX was modded and he replied, "Well the muffler got ripped off.."; so I'm assuming it was stock. I asked if he wanted to race from the light and he declined. His friends were trying to get him to race me and even I was telling him that his car would probably take mine from the light. He didn't want any part of it though....oh well probably better I guess. We both know who would have won anyway. I don't think he ever really wanted to race; he just wanted to hear the BOV :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
19 psi. Stock '88 TII engine/intercooler/electronics with +20 injectors and 3" exhaust. A568 transaxle.

·
Banned
4,729 Posts
Haha, sweet :thumb: Same here on the BOV, I barely notice my turboXS type H anymore but the first time I took my dad for a ride in my car it went off and he was like WTF WAS THAT!!! He thought I blew something up. I was like, oh, thats my BOV....and proceeded to explain what it does LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts