Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I met my wife she drove an '88 Shelby shadow CXT. it was white with grey ground effects, 2.2 turbo with composite plastic wheels. it had a numbered dash plaque XXX/1000, I wish I could remember the number.
We ended up trading it on our Daytona. I wish we still had the car and I wish we owned it in the digital area so we had more pics of it.
It was a fun little car for sure. It looked like the one pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,139 Posts
She painted fiberides white and put them on an '88? That's cool! You just gave me an idea. I want to go digging through our pictures from the 80s. There may be some pics of my sister's '81 TC3. There are definitely pictures of my Mom's '87 Voyager.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I’m thinking the shadow might have been a 1988 Shelby CSX-T.
They had a Shelby dash plaque although I don’t remember how many were made.
They were sold to Thrifty Rental Cars in 1988 as a rental fleet.
Later on they were sold off ( I think I still have the notice asking me if I wanted to buy one ).

As far as the TC3 goes, I bought a 1981 new in the summer of 1981.
It had the Turismo package, S-14 suspension, Firestone HPR radials, halogen headlamps, same steeering wheel as the 1987 Shelby GLHS, tonneau cover, rear hatch light and release, glass top, 4-speed, A/C and the nicest multi-spoke 14” aluminum rims ever.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,139 Posts
Rosa Lee's TC3 was white over red with rear louvers, burgundy interior. It was a 1.7 automatic car. She always hated it. If only I had spoken up about how much I loved that car I might still have it today.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Factory CSX-T wheels (restored). Cast aluminum. 6.5"X15" -40ET offset. Referred to as Lemans wheels. Shelby catalog offered same wheel but in black. Some referred black Lemans wheels as catalog wheels. Catalog suggests black wheels have -35 ET offset, but I have my doubts. Think it is a typo.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m thinking the shadow might have been a 1988 Shelby CSX-T.
They had a Shelby dash plaque although I don’t remember how many were made.
They were sold to Thrifty Rental Cars in 1988 as a rental fleet.
Later on they were sold off ( I think I still have the notice asking me if I wanted to buy one ).

As far as the TC3 goes, I bought a 1981 new in the summer of 1981.
It had the Turismo package, S-14 suspension, Firestone HPR radials, halogen headlamps, same steeering wheel as the 1987 Shelby GLHS, tonneau cover, rear hatch light and release, glass top, 4-speed, A/C and the nicest multi-spoke 14” aluminum rims ever.
It was the CSX-T, I mis-typed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She painted fiberides white and put them on an '88? That's cool! You just gave me an idea. I want to go digging through our pictures from the 80s. There may be some pics of my sister's '81 TC3. There are definitely pictures of my Mom's '87 Voyager.
They were white from the factory on the white cars. White with the aluminum cladding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts