Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to up grade the computer and fuel system on my 94 shadow t2 swap. I tryed putting a super 60 pack but had a fuel pump went out during the time I was doin the first test. And now Im do dm starced of blowing up the dam car. So I want somthing not so agressive.:confused: Was lookin on FM web site and saw the shelby stage 2 computer. What is the difference between the stock and that one. What is a good combination of injectors and fuel pressure.( wondering if stock regulator can be used, or and after market is nessesary).

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
we need more info ; are you running a LM/PM system ? (I thought the S60 was a SMEC?)

if U R running an LM/PM "GLHS" style system , then the GLHS Stage II will work ; it is calibrated for stock 33# TII injectors and FPR ; however it may not be the best choice since IIRC it actually has *less* WOT fuel than a stock GLHS computer

theres no reason you couldnt run your S60 comp without "blowing up" ; just be smart !

you may wish to limit boost during break-in & tuning by e.g. running a MBC instead of letting the compy manage boost ; or running vacuum directly to WG at first so you shouldnt see more than 10 psi ;

like all mods, increase boost slowly and watch your gauges & plugs !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it's a smec. The computer and wiring harness is out of a 88 shelby Z. With the super 60 I Im still using a stock T3 turbo and a stock head. What kinda HP will I be expecting with a super 60 at the 18 level? Or this there a computer that is between them?

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
ok yur confusing me :head hurts:

the S60 computer is specifically calibrated for the S60 cam, turbo, and injectors (and fuel pump but that doesnt really factor into the calibration, and I have NO idea what base fuel Pressure the S60 cal expects, presumably it expects a stock FPR?)

[oh yeah - 3-Bar MAP too ; Thanks ! Pope !!]

if you're not running ALL *4* of these pieces then dont run the S60 computer

to help choose a cal for you, lets start at the beginning:

list the major mods you have (block, turbo, cam, head work, IC, etc)
tell us what you want from the car; e.g. daily driver, street/strip; strip only, etc

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
detobias is right, need to know whats been done. By the sound of it not enough for a S60 computer. A FWDperfomance.com stage 3 computer is by the sound of it what your looking for. If you have the 3 bar and +40s required to run a s60 computer, which you should. Then a stage 5 is what I would get and match it to the engine setup.

Cal questions should always require a complete drivetrain list lol, should be a sticky.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok...hears the blue print
1-Stock 88 TII block. With all stock TII parts(#1 piston replaced and con.rod bearings too.

2-A555 trans.Stock. Stock clutch disc with sach pressure plate.

3-Stock T3 turbo. Front mount intercooler from a SRT-4 neon, ajustable garret BOV.

4-Stock TII injectors, VW 5th injector set at 14.5 Ibs to come on. Fresh fuel filter, brand new Cardon fuel pump (O.E.).

5-Stock 88 TII computer, Grainger Valve to control boost, Zainer diode to control MAP.

6-Daytona 94 front big brake convetion off the R/T, Big front sway bar, stock rear brake drums(all brand new though).

7- Stock waste gate, Stock exhaust manifold, 3'' exhaust pipe(no cat) down from manifold to behind the passenger tire(no muffler).

8-94 Dodge Shadow ES 4 door completely gutted besides the dash and the driver seat.

9-Stock igntion, blaster 2 coil, 7.5mm high temp wires.

It is a some what a daily driver, but it will be going to the track more cuz now it's not so DOT approved. i want to be in the low 13's. But right now(some of it was my fault) is doing 16's. Now you said something about a computer between stock and the super 60?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts