Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so today I finnaly picked up a 2.2 from the yard that had been recently rebuilt and then taken out after the car was totaled. I get to taking the Throttle body off and I notice on the underside of the throttle body the name shelby is cast into the throttle body. Then I compare some of the other things from the 2.2 I just picked up to the 2.2 that I blew up in my sundance. The intake has hardly any obsturctions and is very smooth comparied to my old engines intake, and the exhaust is very smooth also. Whats up with this??? I can tell that nobody polished the intake, because it is still a cast finish inside the intake, just much much much more smooth. The engine came out of a '91 Shadow, or so I was told!

Jordan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I got the engine into my sundance and holy crap! This thing has like 25% more power than my old 2.2 had on any given sunday! all I know it that it sounds good and runs good and I have nothing to complain about!

Thanks!
Jordan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is marked Holley, but on the underside cast into the throttle body is the name SHELBY. I'm going to try to get some pics of that maybe this weekend when I have some time to take the TBI off, too busy with school and other crap right now. yeah, I got the engine on friday night, put it in on saturday afternoon, and had it running by 9:00 PM on saturday. none the less, I'm a little wore out with doing all that, and then going to school with 5 hours of sleep last night, and totaling my grandpas Caprice LT1 on wed night :eek: :(

thanks!
Jordan

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
KillerSundance said:
it is marked Holley, but on the underside cast into the throttle body is the name SHELBY. I'm going to try to get some pics of that maybe this weekend when I have some time to take the TBI off, too busy with school and other crap right now. yeah, I got the engine on friday night, put it in on saturday afternoon, and had it running by 9:00 PM on saturday. none the less, I'm a little wore out with doing all that, and then going to school with 5 hours of sleep last night, and totaling my grandpas Caprice LT1 on wed night :eek: :(

thanks!
Jordan

Sweet, pics would be cool, :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
holy shit I want some pics of this!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
yea that sounds cool as hell if you could try to get some pics that would be great what year and model car was it out of?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry, :bang head I keep frogetting to get some pictures up! it was out of a 1991 dodge shadow. it really pulls hard compared to my old engine.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Took this off a ‘91 Dynasty 2.5L auto...
Nothing else on the car seemed out of place, except the inside of the intake directly below the tb didn’t have the ridge/hump cast into it. Car was still a typical turd and this tb had to be replaced because the shaft would barely move even with pliers, even clean and lubed lol.
Had the right stamping number on the front 5283264 which is correct for all 91-92 2.5 TBI’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They are die cast. Too much trouble to weld in the lettering and burn it back off in the EDM. The TB and mold may have been originally designed for fuel injecting the supercharged motors Shelby was working on very early on before Chrysler convinced him to look into the turbo stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts