Turbo Dodge Forums banner

ShelbyRegistry.com Updated!

24K views 100 replies 47 participants last post by  GLHS0325 
#1 ·
After a mighty long slog, the Shelby Registry has been updated! The program development is very close to being complete and I've keyed in most of the data I have with the exception of 122 entries. I will be trying to resolve this issues as time permits.

I currently have 1299 registered vehicles out of 6125 (about 21%). I also have 43% of all 86 GLHSs registered. Thanks folks!

So far each entry mainly consists of owner and vehicle number. I'll be wading through the other information as provided by the owners as soon as time permits. I've also added a link to the form for those folks who need to provide a little extra information.

The site has been made more CSS complaint although that work isn't complete. Hopefully this will allow the appearance to be consist across browsers.

I have also updated the registry pages for each vehicle. I did remove the email links for each owner since they were way too easy for spammers to harvest. If I find a good solution to help prevent spam from filling your mailboxes, I'll return to using the feature.

In addition to all of these updates, I've also updated the on-line form used for registration. It now has an option to add a new entry or update an existing entry. I'm hoping this will help act as a filter between new entries and updates on existing entries. There's also a new pop-up to describe the format of your VIN. This will help you figure out what it is in case you have a problem telling the difference between some of the digits.

I have taken the factory build sheets and put every vehicle into the database. However, there are many items that are missing or just plain wrong. By providing complete information, it makes it easier for me to correct errors as well as contact folks in the event of question about their registration. I understand that some people don't want to provide too much information but rest assured, the information will never to given or sold to anyone at any time. I currently ask for the following information:

Name (as complete as possible. There are a number of folks out there with the same name!) Address, City, State and zip (once again this may help me contact you in the future)

Phone (see above. Too many people change email addresses)
Email (for obvious reasons)
Vehicle Model (if available)

Car Number (I understand that many number plates are missing but I can help you figure out your number) VIN (Probably the most important piece of information. It helps me match your car to the list and it also prevents someone else registering your vehicle in their name) Options/Mods (personal mods are great but I also need Lancer configuration (C/5, L/A, C/A, L/5) , 89 CSX configuration (Recaros, wide tires or both) and Dakota color (red or white).

Registration Form

I can tell you that I have NO VIN numbers for the 89 Dakotas and I'm missing many others. The Dakota build sheets are by far the worst (followed by the 89 CSX and 87 GLHS) so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciate.

For those of you who've found stripped or crushed vehicles, thanks for reporting them. Although you may not have been the owner, I use the reporters name as the owner. If you can get the VIN, it would provide even more insight into the quality of the build lists.

I have added an automated For Sale section that allows individuals to post their ads. It also allows for automatic expires and editing of an existing ad.

On-line Ads

Once again I want to thank everyone for their patience. I hope to have a sustainable system that will allow me to eventually find all of the vehicles.

Just as a little teaser, another much requested feature will be added to the Registry very soon.

Cheers.

See less See more
#3 ·
bradp said:
I would like to say thank you for all of your hard work and anyone that has helped you with this task.
Thanks a lot Brad. Here's a list of some folks who made this possible:

Bob Marsh. His help clarifying some production questions was very helpful. He is greatly missed.

Jim Holt. The consummate Mopar enthusiast who let me drive his 87 GLHS and got me hooked!

My Family. For putting up with the hours even those "it's just an Omni!"

Tim Hawbaker. Tim provided many of the Shelby build sheets.

Neil Emiro. Provided monetary support, Shelby build sheets and all around support.

Chris Papademetrious. Chris is the first person to donate funds directly to the Shelby Registry. Thanks Chris!

SDAC and Barry Goodall. This is a great moment for the SDAC, SDML and the Shelby Registry. Thanks to the Club for their support.

Dave Knochenmus. Monetary and just being a great guy to talk to.

Cindy Lindsey. Her continued advertising support has been invaluable.

Robert Doherty. Thanks for the donation.

David Salamone. For support and great suggestions. This guys stuff is awesome.

Jessie Buhr. Thanks for the donation.

Chris Wright. Thanks for the advertising and great turbos!

Mr. X Motors. Thanks for the advertising.

All the Shelby-Dodge club members that I've met. I don't think you'll find a more gracious and enthusiastic group.

All of the Mailing List folks. I think many people underestimate the value they've provided over the years. I know I've save hundreds of dollars and spent hundreds of dollars because of their expertise.

I know there are more folks that helped make it happen but I can't locate the others. Thanks again to everyone who donated and those who provided moral support are just as appreciated.

Cheers.

#8 ·
soul_hammer said:
It looks great thanks for the hard work and its been a want/dream of mine to see my name next to a number for a long time also so thanks for that.
I'm glad we could finally hook you up. Look for more changes to come.

Cheers.

#9 ·
aw nuts,my 5 GLHS entries arent on there any more. :( 3 are gone now and 2 still reside with me. 2 of the 3 gone prob wont register,should I claim them anways:confused:

#12 ·
BLUEBALL said:
aw nuts,my 5 GLHS entries arent on there any more. :( 3 are gone now and 2 still reside with me. 2 of the 3 gone prob wont register,should I claim them anways:confused:
If something is missing, let me know. The easiest way is the Registration Form.

Cheers.

#13 ·
In just a few weeks, I've already added another 30 registered vehicles. There are now 1329 out of 6125 (21%).

Yeehaaaa!

#14 ·
Registry errata - 86 GLHS #463

Thanks for updating the entry for #463.

The statement there "Mint, Never licensed in heated garage. All paperwork." is no longer accurate.

The car is licensed and I enjoy driving it regularly. While it was near in near "mint" condition when I got it, that is no longer the case. Lastly, being in California, it's garage is not heated.

Thanks

#17 ·
ACR Turtle said:
If one of your 5 is #71, then I can officially lay claim as owner. I received the title today in the mail. THANKS Cindy.:thumb:
Yes I babysat it for a few years. Good to see someone may bring the car to life. Thats the one that had Colorado plates on it right? Previous owner had no clue how to maintain it. Then I bought from a friend who saved it from them.

#19 ·
BLUEBALL said:
Yes I babysat it for a few years. Good to see someone may bring the car to life. Thats the one that had Colorado plates on it right? Previous owner had no clue how to maintain it. Then I bought from a friend who saved it from them.
Yep, thats the one. I've located a NOS core support for it. It seems to be an easy restification. Just time and $$$$. I've been meaning to call and ask a few questions about it.

#23 ·
fast-kat said:
I'm new to TD. Just wanted to let everyone know that #771 is headed to Las Vegas, Nevada. I hope it is as good as it looks! Can't wait till it gets here:thumb:
Make sure you visit:

Shelby Registry

And let us know about it.

Cheers.

#25 ·
I'm new to TD. Just wanted to let everyone know that #771 is headed to Las Vegas, Nevada. I hope it is as good as it looks! Can't wait till it gets here
Just out of curiosity, where did 771 come from? I'm in Minnesota and owned 770 about 8 years ago. I also know who has GLHS 769.

Also, thanks for getting 784 upgraded to my name and 770 in the new owners name. At least new 7+ years ago. Not sure if he's around anymore. He never was on TD.com and rarely posted on SDML

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.