Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking to do a five speed swap into my 2.5 89 k car. I dont really see much on this site involving aries or reliants so this is a long shot. the most common five speeds for 2.2 or 2.5 cars seem to be from dodge shadows and plymouth sundances, my car being larger I figured might need longer shift cables than that? I was also wondering if it really makes much difference in installation procedures between the different 5 speed transmissions. Im not worried about what transmission i get as far as durability and performance goes as i wont be doing big performance mods, im saving that for a shadow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the site. I don't know what the exact length you need are, but would assume that cables are available in one of the other cars that would suit your needs. The cables are going to be determined by which transmission you install as they changed with the generations of transmission. A Shadow has some of the shortest cables along with the minivan, a Daytona is longest. Donovan's Dodge Garage look under transaxle guide and then find a transmission. Hopefully you can find a complete car to get ALL your parts from, much easier that way... Trust me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be nice to get what I need from one car, I was about to buy a shadow transmission this weekend, but it wouldnt have been worth it having to find another car for everything else that would have a transmission anyway. I found a shadow with a manual today with no plates on it. Im gonna try and contact the owner because to get everything i need from that would be great, even if I needed to find longer cables at least I would have everything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts