Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping my automatic for an A520 in my 87 LeBaron. Wondering if someone has photos or information on the proper or optimum place for the shifter cables to come through the firewall.

The auto cable came through a hole near the centerline. The crossover cable has to make an 'S' bend to come out of that hole and go into the bracket. It just doesn't work.

There is a hole beneath the brake booster but this requires the crossover cable to route way over and make a 'U' bend to fit into the bracket. Again, just doesn't work. Not sure what that hole is for, its just plugged and not used for anything.

There are a few places I could drill, but just wanted to get opinions before I go and make Swiss cheese out of my firewall.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
ok, lets start with..

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

you're gonna need some hardware for the factory pass through and you're gonna need to remove your console and the entire dash center stack console

the cables come in under the center stack from the top (underside) of the center exhaust tunnel

when you get there you'll find a flat round spot with a dimple to each side of it

>>that's where you make your hole and the dimples are where the studs for the grommet retainer bolt in

the retainer is made of two pieces of metal pinned together so they have a pivot point

this allows the retainer to close around the grommet like a scissor clamp that then gets bolted tight to the hole in the floor sealing it and the cables

1 - 2 of 2 Posts