1989 Caravan
523 5 speed
16psi boost (Garrett s60)
205-50-15 hoosier autocross slicks in front
extra seats and spare tire removed.

The Bad:
Rookie driver (First time to the track)
No rear bobble strut

Just really excited about the van. It pulls HARD even fully loaded, but not sure it can break into the 14's. What do people with experience think??~~Heath

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3Bar_Mopar said:
I should hope so....that would give me hope!

What's your exhaust? Intercooler?
3" mandrel bent exhaust, and a custom intercooler (Core is 9"X16" by 2" thick) plus the 3" endtanks. It cools pretty well.

From what I have read people have gotten 14's with less done.... but with auto's. So that's my goal 14's. I'll let you know saturday night. ~~H

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You should have it. I'm aiming for 13's with the setup that's going on my van.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think you need to put the "89 caravan" part under the bad... its a shoebox lol :D

I hope you will have it. I am aiming at low 14's - 13's with mine. I got a pretty decent mod list. See here: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86307

What other mods you got? A more detailed mod list would be cool. I am going to be running a Super 60 also.

Well be sure to keep us posted. I looks like 3bar Mopar, S is silent and I will definatley be pulling for you, cause if it does, its good news for us! :D

Good luck man!!

Jeff

P/S Is this the van you are/were selling??

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Results posted on another thread. Jeff, Yes, this is the one that is still forsale.

Best run was 15.6 with traction problems and uber-crap 60' times. Also way too much fuel.. probably choking the motor. Next time better tuned and about 20psi in the tires and I should be in the 14's. Plus it is a LOT about learning how to drive. ~~H

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey man u should definately be there, i ran !4.5 @95mph with my van:
-A523
-no bobble strut
-probe intercooler
-stock mitsu
-18psi
...... and spinning untill 3rd haha

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think so I was running 15.03 in my van with a mitsu turbo at between 20and18psi with just some soft winter tires and I live in Calgary Alberta (high elavation) the fact that you have street slicks a s60. I think you will run atleast a 14.5 or better even I'm sure it will take some practice I know some guys up here with SRT-4's who put 10lbs in there slicks and hook up like no tomorrow but any way good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts