Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 90 Voyager 2.5 Turbo....197k miles
Its a second car as I have a 2002 Pontiac- RELIABLE car;)
Need a van to haul stuff in....
needs a radiator, $119 new, heater lines(I will run new rubber ones $20, struts , alignment and front brakes,valve cover gasket.\,blower motor....
Roof is rusting(surface) bondo and metal work is done and looks ok....should last a while..
Engine, turbo and trans =good
So, Should I put about $ 400 into it as stated above
OR
Sell it and add cash to get say a 95 Van with a V6 and call it a day.....A SAD day at that ...no more beating up ricers ?:cool:
Scott

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It's up to you but I would keep it. Even if you couldn't fix it up right away just do it slowly over time. Buy the strurs one week, brakes the next etc etc. Then put them all in and have yourself a good van.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
keep it, a "new" van will bring plenty of unknowns with it. Usually will need tlc right away.
and might be harder to diagnose and work on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:cool: Keep it

I look at it this way...I just put a bunch of money into my car again today...I mean it's all ridiculous but...

1. replacement doesn't mean better
2. mostly original parts I'm changing so it's necessary plus it's better for me in the long run
3. I don't really have a choice right now
4. I sell it to someone who doesn't LOVE it as I do and they wreck it...I just contributed to one more kill...one less Daytona on the street :( :p

I don't know how much the person previous to me looked after this car but I look after my cars...and the first I know somethings wrong I look after it...if I look after it it might last for.......ever ;)

It would be great if I had half this forum living close to me so I wasn't so shop dependant...I do some of the work with a lot of support and written help from some valuable members here...but really I don't know much about anything

Looool :eek: oh my gawd I wrote a novel here !!

Keep it :cool:

·
Banned
355 Posts
+7 keep it. You know whats wrong or not with this van and most people will not disclose whats wrong with theirs, that or they forgot about little things that they have been dealing with for awhile and just got use to.
Just my .02

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well!
Thanks everyone for your comments!
I needed to hear all of them.
Sometimes It "get's me down" the problems I have with this Van.
On the other hand you guys just needed to "set me straight"-back on track to correct thinking!
Ive had two mechanics "look: at this van -both said junk it
However, I think like You guys do here!! Its a rare TD-
Just needed to be reminded I guess!
Thanks alot!!!
Scott
Here's some before/after pics and stuff Ive hauled...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2666538/1

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
besides I already mentioned it and i'm closer... but i'm swamped with projects and it looks like he's gonna keep it. I would too...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys.
Yea , Im keeping it
I Did the radiator, new heater hoses,heater valve
$150.00
Thanks all for the moral support!
Scott

·
Registered
97 Posts
i was contemplaiting junking my van or selling it because i had tons of stuff go wrong with it. struts, shocks, grounds, fuel pump, intercooler hoses, turbo shot etc.etc. but i just did a few things and ran out of patients and gave it to my bro jay haha. glad your keepin it :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts