Turbo Dodge Forums banner

side mirror glass loose

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  DodgeTurbos 
#1 ·
currently do a full restoration on my 86 glhs. the side mirror glass is loose. is there anyway to adust the cables to take up some of the slack? also should there be 2 rubber feet inside the holes of the housing? thanks in advance.

#3 ·
#5 ·
I'm guilty myself of driving around with both side mirrors wiggly loose. Both the glass is loose and the hood / cover is loose from the mount arm. In my case the glass is out enough that I can see behind it and see a bit of what's wrong. In the case of the glass being loose I don't think that the problem has to do with the cables. The glass seems to be mounted to a tripod of sorts and that tripod has come loose from the part that allows pivoting. It appears to me (again, I haven't actually done it) that if you were to take the mirror off the door the slack in the cables would allow the mirror to fall the rest of the way out of the housing at which point you could use JB weld or similar to re-attach the tripod to the pivot thing. The interfaces between the two (tripod legs) seem to be cylindrical pins that go into sockets. As far as the hood rattling around a bit I'm not sure. Also, not sere if this is still the case but it seems that over the years as I've gone on eBay looking for GLH or Omni parts I get bombarded with numerous listings for new side mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.