Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
ooo and not to hijack but who makes the LOUDEST ... lol but seriously the one dude i saw had a turo mr2 and the BOV sounded like an air horn... id love to chirp that bad boy right into a honda window hehehe

·
Registered
361 Posts
Get the cheap knock off from ebay, if i want to hear it i have to roll down the window, make as much boost as possible and turn all the radio and stuff off, put my head out of window as close as possible to the hood while under boost and finally when you let go you barely can hear a whistle :p I hate this crap, i want to change to Synchronic BOV once i have a new turbo :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
RDIperformance.com sells the best sleeper BOV. It's a bosch unit from a 911 turbo. Very sleeper, i think i might get it.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I am running the audi one as the porshe- it goes on a 1 inch nipple iirc.
Pretty loud and cheap, but if you send it into the air intake it will be very quiet.
It should hold over 20psi no problem- I will test it to see where it fails/leaks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That BOSCH 911 valve works great. I used to have one on a GLH. Much cheaper than the aftermarket ones out there. I got mine for like 30.00 shipped.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
would not screw around with a plastic BOV. Get a metal one from a DSM, or if you're really cool like me, a bimmmer.

A recirculated one with a baffle will be nearly silent. Don't want the noise, RECIRCULATE. You can make any BOV quiet by doing that. Which one is the least loud as is? That's up for debate really. My RFL is actually RAQTINI (really alot quieter than it's name implies), and the 1G DSM I had could be heard from blocks away. Orientation too, if you don't want others to hear it, point it into your engine bay and towards the ground.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
as long as you get the bosch with the brass internals your fine. I rode in a TIII csx pushing 30lbs and it didn't leak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts