Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience or heard any news either way about the six speed in the Calibers?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes and this has been discussed on neons.org a bit. Basicly the trans bell housing is made for the new world engines. Those engines have nothing in common with the neon nor the TD engines. From what I have heard they are a hyundia designed block that is shared with chrysler and mistubishi. You have just as good of chance of getting one of those to work as you do a civic's 6-speed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sounds like it wouldn't do any good with a 4g63 either then... Bummer. I'd love to be able to put a 6 speed next to an 8v engine. Ever since I was fifteen driving an n/a Omni, I've been obsessing about having a sixth gear that feels like it should be there, according to engine rpms on the highway.
Dang it.
Stupid "world" engine.
What is that anyway?
Maybe I'll just look for a totalled Caliber Srt-4 in a year or so, and make myself a calibrated omni. ::thumb::

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
If Chrysler was nice then they would have given it the same bellhousing as the neon SRT-4. Then at least you could hook it up to a 2.4 turbo.

·
Registered
332 Posts
from what i understand it you don't really want to have that tranny anyways. it's weaker then the t-850 in the neons. they are a getrag trans simuler to one in a pontiac G6 GTP

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
It is a similar tranny to the ones in the SVT Focus...thety aren't that strong and are known for little quirks that can cost big $$$

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chrysler really screwed the new SRT Caliber. The thing doesn't even have an LSD in the tranny. And if you want the whole drivetrain in another car your stuck with the stock Caliber ECU since the engine has variable valve timing and a variable intake manifold.On the plus side they do put down almost 300whp with just an upgraded exhaust.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
You could always get a Quaife sequential 6-speed tranny(like what I want to do)!! You get the Quaife LSD, seqential shifting, changable gear ratios, replacebae parts....

All for $10,000!!! :deal: !!! I STILL want one BAD!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts