Turbo Dodge Forums banner

slave CD

788 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  marty mopar 
#1 ·
were do I get the tool to remove the slave? its a wierd looking theft proof bolts that hold it in? or what have y'all done w/o the tool?

#5 ·
no, it's like a 3 sided version of and external torque but rouned sids so you cant grab it with a vise-grip. I don't have the time to order a tool, I'll probably just cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade. darnedest shaped bolt head I've ever seen

#4 ·
Check eBay for security bit sets. They have 100 piece sets that contain almost every type bit you will ever need for $20.00 with shipping.
I have 2 sets, 1 at home and 1 at work and bought 1 for my son. a must for every tool box.

#6 ·
Those bolts are annoying. I've seen a couple security bit sets come with the right one, but more often than not these sets don't have the right bit. My usual plan of attack is to use a small punch and a hammer to tap them loose and then long nose pliers to get them out, or Dremel a slot in the heads and get them out that way.

Here's one of the few sets I can find with the proper bit: NEW 11 PC ANTENNA WRENCH AND RADIO TOOL SET - (eBay.ca item 330214181225 end time 23-Mar-08 11:32:41 EDT)

I should get one of those - I often go after Chrysler head units at the yards, and there have been a few with those stupid bolts holding them in I'd have liked to get if I had the time to use the punch and hammer method (can't bring a Dremel to the yards I visit).

#7 ·
Can't fit a dremel in your pocket? heehee

I know of these screws--a major PITA. I remember that I drilled the heads off a couple to get a slave CD out of a '91 Lebaron. Wasn't too hard, but because of space restraints, I could not get the rest of the screw out. Though it should have turned easily with the head and cd player gone, it didn't move at all with a needle nose pliars. But I didn't care. I shoved a dummy plug in place of it and let it head out to the wholesale lot.

Then, I went after a head unit in a '95 Concorde, and it had them as well. I wish I remember how in the world I got them out with a basic tool set (maybe it was just a pair of vice grips?) but if the head is round and tapered, that couldn't have been what I used. I am also interested in getting this tool.

#8 ·
I have one of those sockets in my toolbox & I use it all the time when I find factory head units at the yards too. :D I've had that socket for like 12 years!:p Mike, you're better off useing the dremmel & making a cut in it & removing it with a flat screwdriver. Otherwise finding that socket today is a pain & just save yourself the $25. There was one on eBay resently, but I passed it up. Now I just have a handful of those 10mm screws for radios now.

The license plate on my Turbo van has 4 of those screws holding the plate on! I once had one of my plates stolen years ago on another car once, so lets see them remove the plate now. :brows:

#9 ·
Miller Tool C-4537 radio nut socket. Cost 29.00 plus shipping. 800-801-5420 Phone. This is the original supplier of all of the special Mopar tools. Maybe there is another supplier that has them cheaper. 1/4 inch drive for the 3 slotted tapered head style anti-theft or tamper proof type nut. I've got one and it makes being in the wrecking yard easy when you find a radio with these screws in them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.