Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BAD SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have just finished putting the Spirit back together. I put new rings, rod bearings and a very slightly used Enforcer 2 Turbo I bought off of the site. When I started the car, it smoked bad, but I figured that was because the rings just haven't seated yet. Well after 3 hours of running, it still smokes like a *****. The motor runs excellent, very smooth. The plugs do seem a little wet. #3 fouled out last night, so I replaced them all again with new plugs. Runs great! Smokes BAD!! I removed the air filter hose from turbo, and it is very dry in there. Any ideas????

Could the rings not have seated yet???? I checked the compression and it is 125-130 across the board. What should I do next???? Any help is appreciated.

Scott

·
Banned
3 Posts
scott check the turbo to throttle body hose for oil, if it isnt soaked that elminates the turbo, also check the pcv valve tube for smoke and excessive oil drip that could be from a bad head.

·
BAD SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Josh, I checked those and they were all clean. I hinestly think the rings just didn't seat. Maybe I honed the walls past the breaking point? I picked up a daytona yesterday with an excellent running motor, so the block will be going into the Spirit tomorrow, hopefully.

Did you sell that swingvalve you had? WHat parts are you looking for, maybe a trade?

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
The compression seems too low for a recent rebuild. I rebuilt my 1985 glh turbo motor and got a compression of 155 all cylinders at start up. (blew the side of the piston off a week later from bad fuel pump)

Did you size the rings properly before installing? They need to be sized to the bore with a proper gap or they wont seat properly.

·
BAD SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking that is the problem. I have never done rigs before. I guess its my fault. Oh well, another motor is going in tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts