Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best place to get a replacement shifter cable for my shadow?
It`s a 91 with the turbo 2.5, 523 5speed tranny. I broke the right one, part numberer on it is, 4446860 R is this a dealer or salvage item only? Any idea on cost? I did an online search to no avail...:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
That is not a valid Mopar part #. Call you dealer and check on availability, cost is probably over $100.00.
Did you break the cable itself or the snap grommet that hooks to the shift lever?
If it was the snap grommet you can get replacement poly bushings for around $20.00.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It`s the cable itself. I installed poly bushings a couple months ago. The cable came out of the cable housing (plastic tube) when I took it apart to investigate.. $100.....dang... It`s the right side cable, attatches to the back of the tranny instead of the upper side..

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
I have heard of guys getting them at aftermarket parts suppliers but not sure where, somebody may even have one, open a thread in parts wanted, just let them know weather you need the shifter cable or the crossover cable, the crossover cable has the adjustment on the shifter end.
I have cables for my car,I work at a dealer and I stocked up a few years ago and If not mistaken list price is around $127.00, I think the Shadow cables are shorter than my Daytona but are probably still available from Mopar if that is all you can find,you will have to call your dealer to be sure, I do not have access to the parts catalog but I can run parts inquiries if I have the part #. If they say it is not available get the part #.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
Did we shift a little hard to 3rd gear? I did my 91 Daytona that way.I put some red lock tite in the plastic piece and slipped the cable back in. After it set up I drilled a small hole thru the plastic and the solid metal end of the cable end and put a cotter key through it. Then i made an adjustable shifter positive stop and adjusted it so it stops the cable from being overstressed.Feels good when you shift and hit the stop instead of the cable stopping the shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts