Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much snow do you have now? how much predicted?
And how much gloating are our warm weather Cruiser brothers and sisters gonna do? I got about 9 inches ...........of snow another 10 or so threatened!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Goldenturtle - I'm down here in Southern Md and haven't even ventured out to see how much we have. And, with the snowdrifts, it's still hard to tell LOL. I tried taking pictures, but the wind was blowing the snow right into my camera (and we can't have that!).

However, I'm quite sure that you have more than we do down here. My uncle that lives in Hyattsville said the snow has practically covered the rims of his car 8o .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stuck in a hotel in Manassas VA on a business trip from Hawaii.

10" of snow as of 12:46 pm (EST) I'm in the 14-24" area.

I'm one of the "warm weather Cruiser brothers" so you won't here anything from me :D

But if I was home in sunny warm Hawaii that might be another issue :x

Aloha,

Da Snowed in Chief

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish I was back in Ewa Beach right now. I'd be making plans to be at Pirates Cove later on this evening. Ahhhh...... those were the days!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
It's official! I've lost my mind! I went outside in this mess! I only lasted about 15 minutes. That stuff is DEEP! My hands started getting so cold that I couldn't move my fingers. 8*

Governor Ehrlich said nobody is to be on the roads unless it is an emergency! If you're caught on the road for a non-emergency trip, you're fined $1,000.00. 8o

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here in Charlotte NC we might have a quarter inch of accumulated sleet. Expecting freezing rain in the next few hours. Our last ice storm weakened the trees badly. We don't need another. 8*

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
All this talk of snow.....must have brought what's happening outside right now. This was not predicted on the weather last night. We're lucky, so far about 2 inches and not sticking on the roads yet. At least it's just a beautiful snowfall and not a blizzard. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
WooooWheee...Am I having fun.

This is the BEST!!!! **Sorry I am a snow repressed California gal**

We have a foot I believe, or more. And more is on the way. I wont even take my baby out of the garage (well, to protect him...and there is about a foot of snow in front of the garage that I do NOT want to move).

I hope my job is closed tomorrow (we were not getting the holiday, but the snow might MAKE that change). I just love the snow.

Ran across the street to the supermarket to get some food for today, and I almost lost myself. My poor Penelope (for those that don't know, she is my St. Bernard - see avatar), the snow is up to her "nether regions". And you would think she loves the snow. NOT. She looks at me with this "I was born and raised in CA...I can't stand this stuff. Get me back inside the house". It's kinda funny!

But everyone...please be safe!

:x

·
Registered
311 Posts
18 ON THE GROUND, ANOTHER 18 EXPECTED. SNOWBLOWER BROKEN, HAVE SHOVELLED DRIVEWAY 4 TIMES SO FAR. I'M MOVING TO FLORIDA :-{

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
DREAM CRUZR 3305 said:
18 ON THE GROUND, ANOTHER 18 EXPECTED. SNOWBLOWER BROKEN, HAVE SHOVELLED DRIVEWAY 4 TIMES SO FAR. I'M MOVING TO FLORIDA :-{
Which one of the many Washington, NJ are you (county). ?There's a Washington near me, but we don't have that much yet- but weather channel says "blizzard" tomorrow. It's lite, dry snow. I got a new snowblower last year, and it worked - no snow to speak of, but it's been earning it's keep this year. 8*

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I think the weather channel had my area listed at about 18" total... :( Still trying to find my car... I know I left it around here somewhere... ?:| :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ahhhh. Goldenrod that looks like it hurts! I certainly hope by now you have "found" your PT.

Mine just has the remanants of snow ICK on the side (from driving around in this stuff), but I am so glad that I did not have to "find" my car like others in my complex. It was scarey.

And then yesterday I was dropping movies off at Blockbuster and drove under the 267 Toll Road. Just my darn luck a truck was moving the snow to the edge on top of the overpass...well rather off the edge. And it all came down just in front of where I was driving. I came to a halt, thank GAWD. Just in time before all of that snow (and I mean A LOT of it) came crashing down on my hood. Geesh, this town is getting dangerous.

:'(

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Masselyn said:
Ahhhh. Goldenrod that looks like it hurts! I certainly hope by now you have "found" your PT.

Mine just has the remanants of snow ICK on the side (from driving around in this stuff), but I am so glad that I did not have to "find" my car like others in my complex. It was scarey.

And then yesterday I was dropping movies off at Blockbuster and drove under the 267 Toll Road. Just my darn luck a truck was moving the snow to the edge on top of the overpass...well rather off the edge. And it all came down just in front of where I was driving. I came to a halt, thank GAWD. Just in time before all of that snow (and I mean A LOT of it) came crashing down on my hood. Geesh, this town is getting dangerous.

:'(
They're moving the snow off the overpass by pushing it over the side onto the road below!! Well, isn't that just ever so clever!!

8* 8o x(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts