Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I guess I'll speak up for a guy I know isn't on any TD forums. He's in Duluth, MN. and has a red Chrysler Iroc R/T. I don't know the year of it. He bought my first '87 GLHS 11+ years ago and had that car. I recently tracked him down and still has both cars.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spirit r/t 1,208 were sold in America in 1991 — 774 in red and 434 in white. An additional 191 were sold in America in 1992 — 92 red, 68 white, and 31 silver.

D

·
0 Posts
heated garage is perfect! lotashelbys is the TIII guru so post'em up

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts
What the hell.. count one more..

There is a Black Daytona R/T in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
An older guy owns it, all stock, and immaculate. I caught it at a small local car show two years ago, it's probably the only TIII in Nova Scotia:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
there were 431 iroc RT's made in 92-93,not sure on the number of spirits
Spirit r/t 1,208 were sold in America in 1991 — 774 in red and 434 in white. An additional 191 were sold in America in 1992 — 92 red, 68 white, and 31 silver.
OK, so there were 431 Iroc RTs and 1399 Spirit RTs sold in America. I am assuming 'America' includes Canada. Correct? So that is a total of 1830 TIIIs sold.
Now, any way of finding out how many TIIIs were made and sold outside of 'America'? Is Mexico the only other country in which they were sold?

L

·
0 Posts
OK, so there were 431 Iroc RTs and 1399 Spirit RTs sold in America. I am assuming 'America' includes Canada. Correct? So that is a total of 1830 TIIIs sold.
Now, any way of finding out how many TIIIs were made and sold outside of 'America'? Is Mexico the only other country in which they were sold?
Actually the 431 number is US only. The total with Canada and Export cars was 553 for the Iroc R/T.

I really done know how many Spirit R/Ts were built for the Mexican market. I know they made Spirit R/Ts in 93 with the TIII in them. I also heard that they made about 250-300 Phantom R/T DOHCs in 92-93 as well.

Then you also have to take into effect the pre-preduction engines and the warranty engines that were made. So really there is know way of knowing.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i have 2 complete iroc R/T's
Tim

·
Registered
96 Posts
They also had 2.5 T1 spirit rts in Mexico I think

My iroc rt was sold in canada as a Chrysler daytona IROC RT. So I guess it falls in with the 122 iroc rts that were sold outside the US in 1992

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Actually the 431 number is US only. The total with Canada and Export cars was 553 for the Iroc R/T.

I really done know how many Spirit R/Ts were built for the Mexican market. I know they made Spirit R/Ts in 93 with the TIII in them. I also heard that they made about 250-300 Phantom R/T DOHCs in 92-93 as well.

Then you also have to take into effect the pre-preduction engines and the warranty engines that were made. So really there is know way of knowing.
OK, so 1952 Spirit R/Ts and Iroc R/Ts for the U.S. and Canada. But, does that number accually include Spirit R/Ts sold in Canada--were any sold in Canada? It sure would be interesting to know how many TIIIs were sold in Mexico. I wonder if there is ANY way of finding out?
Thanks for everone's input!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I had heard that only about 30 or so Iroc R/T's were sold in Canada. I don't remember where I heard or read that. It was at least 10 years ago.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts