Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
I had heard that only about 30 or so Iroc R/T's were sold in Canada. I don't remember where I heard or read that. It was at least 10 years ago.
Well I have about 25 export cars in my 93 VIN list. Thats not counting the 92s a friend is working on and I know he has alot of them also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a spirit rt also that is running again. Lost the motor earlier this year but thanks to a fellow enthusiast it is now running with a 60k tIII motor. I would imagine if there were roughly 3000 total rt engines ever produced including spirits, irocs, phantoms us and abroad, warranty engins and such there could be close to 1000 still running or working engines somewhere.

I have no way of knowing this of course and just making assumptions.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well I have about 25 export cars in my 93 VIN list. Thats not counting the 92s a friend is working on and I know he has alot of them also.
I'm guessing my info was wrong! LOL.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh, and back to the original thread. I have 3 Spirit R/T's, two that I know are "matching numbers" and one that I will have to ask Larry about, that is if I really was worried about it. I also have a spare head complete, just in case.

With so many TII bottom ends being able to interchange with the TIII's and, If I recall correctly, the 3 different aftermarket manufacturers that made replacement heads for the TIII, is this count going to prove a lot? I think the OP was asking for a count of how many TIII cars including transplants were out there? Isn't that kind of like asking how many 426 HEMi cars are out there when the aftermarket probably produced more than the manufacturer did in the first place? I'm just asking....

Tom in Quakertown, Pa.

2003 Neon R/T Sedan
1998 Neon R/T Sedan
3 x 1991 Spirit R/T's
2005 Sebring convertible 2.4
1969 Swinger 340 4 speed

·
Administrator
16,493 Posts
I still have mine 93 black daytona r/t....Its running on a dealer warranty head though...not the original...
got any pictures?

·
Registered
328 Posts
there was a white daytona rt at the Moncton community college in New Brunswick Canada, it had 80000km on it, was given to the college by dodge, now it's gone to the crusher, I wanted to buy it but since it was donated by dodge it would have to be destroyed when the college was done with it, so sad

L

·
0 Posts
Why did they stamp it on the Irocs and not the Spirits? Anyone know?
Im pretty sure its to do with where they were built. The US built R/Ts all have the "d0t matrix" on the trans block and head and the Mexico made R/Ts all just had the standard stamp on the black and trans. The 91 and 92 Mexican R/Ts had different size didgets on them so I know they changed that between the years. I have yet to see a 93 or 94 Mexican TIII so I dont what they look like or if they had heads stamped.

·
Registered
230 Posts
everythings for sale for the right price...dont really want to sell it. I have around 10 cars in the yard and every now and then get the itch to sell everything for a 2011 Mustang Gt.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just bought a white one not too long ago here in ohio. Has original motor, runs but not perfect. Im getting it repainted a championship white and a metallic red.
Both paints were used on Acura's.

How many iroc r/t's in the U.S., out of the 431, had sunroofs. I know two sunroof options were available, the flip-up and sliding. anyone have numbers on both, I'm getting different numbers from websites on google.....

D

·
0 Posts
there were 50 sunroof RT's made in 92,the twist up/removable sunroof was the only sunroof option available.the option code is GWB and that will be on the body tag

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
WELL HOW ABOUT WE GO BACK ON TOPIC?!?

i just picked one up 91 white R/T..

i bought mine cause i love DOHC motors!! and the fact that this one isnt an interference motor (yea i probably spelled it wrong lol).. and that it's a dodge and not a honda ....was that much more appealing to me!!

:thumb:

41 - 60 of 90 Posts