Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question. Had a conversation with a guy claiming to have an atx neon with a stock T1 mistu running low 13's. I know a neon is a bit lighter, and have a atx helps with consistency, but 13.1 is pretty quick. No i/c either. Got his time from a G-Tec with I have heard are pretty close. Claims to make the sam power as a stock srt. Any input?

·
Registered
521 Posts
a gteck is only going to be close if you weigh your car and enter it exact with driver and gas. if he guessed his weight and guessed it 500lbs lighter or more then the gtech will say he is faster then he is.

I would expect 14's at best. and HP I bet he wouldn't make more then 150hp at the tires non intercooled unless he is runny alky or nitrous. that is assuming he is running 16psi or less of boost

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too surprised. I should be weighing in around 2500. Looking to up that some.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Need more info on the engine setup.

He could be running high compression (9.3:1-10.3:1) with low boost of about 8psi with alky injection and tearing up the tracks with a stripped out neon which weighs probably 2200-2300lbs, all that combined could probably get you in the 13's.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I did crunch the numbers for a 2500 lb car (like my 98 was) and a 200 lb driver.......a 13.1 would need 240 hp which is doable. There was a IMSA 2.0 Neon motor that was run at IMSA, then put in a rail dragster that had no turbo and had 300 hp. I was at about 305 hp in my base motor Neon with a 125 hp shot of nitrous...it ran a best time last Aug of 12.11 at 117 mph...I think more nitrous would have made a big boom.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dr Seuss (neon dude on slcsr who faked out and moved away) seems to think 1g's can weigh 2100# from the factory (a 95 base).

My 97 ACR weighed 2395 with me in it(200lb driver) my first 98 R/T weighed 2750 with me in it and my 2nd one weighed 2695 with me in it.Could a base weigh 2100,yeah but not without A/C,pwr steering and other small items removed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A G-Tec will calculate your 1/4 mile and 0-60 without entering in any weight. For HP and torque you have to enter in the weight.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A G-Tec will calculate your 1/4 mile and 0-60 without entering in any weight. For HP and torque you have to enter in the weight.
That isn't true it matters I don't know why it just does I have one and have tested it. for some reason it matters you can also enter the pitch of your vehicle and that changes things to what pitch means is when you take off what angle does your car launch front ed up or backend up it's amazig what that little thing can do

·
Registered
491 Posts
Weight doesn't matter for acceleration times, a measurement of acceleration is independant of the weight of the vehicle. The G-Tech simply integrates that to get speed and again to get distance. Power, however, requiers a knowlegde of the force that is accelerating the vehicle F=MA, so you need to give it the mass of the car. The angle of the launch is requiered because it needs to remove the acceleration from gravity from the overall acceleration that it measures.

·
Registered
679 Posts
my 98 Rt weighed 2475. Street tires, It dyno'd 184. Ran a 14.4, on 5 lbs of boost. Add 5 to 8 lbs, take away 300# of dead weight, and low 13's would be easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts