Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes its true i just got a 04 blue SRT-4 on saturday . i miss the lancer but i love having AC :cool:. but its all good i sold the lancer too a good friend of mine here on the forums . he lives right down the road from me so i will still get to see it . but anyways heres a pic of the new ride . thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's all good. Anytime you wanna come by and give her a kiss you gotta pay 5 dollar make you holla. She's in good hands. We need to get this GLH to the track though........seriously before my girl cutts off my ba**s. Chickens what gerbils. God I am random. The car looks good.:thumb:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. has anything been done ? or is it bone stock?
yeah its got a few little goodies , short throw,intake ,HKS bov & hard pipe , catch can . everything else is stock . it will be fun to upgrade . i have got to get another older TD. i miss the smell of the inside , headliner hanging on my head , no AC , oil leaks you know all the good things to remember while i'am riding in stlye:cool:. anyways it will be fun

·
Banned
355 Posts
^
ROFL.....Sometimes i miss the 87 Shelby Z. then i jump into Frankenstein and the seat is dry and not alot of wind noise and...................................................................

Yea I miss that car.:(

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^
ROFL.....Sometimes i miss the 87 Shelby Z. then i jump into Frankenstein and the seat is dry and not alot of wind noise and...................................................................

Yea I miss that car.:(

lol , yeah thats what i'am talking about .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man,I just had the same treatment.My wife brought her avalanche to my shop for a oil change and took my 89 Daytona. I'm in my office and hear some exhaust roll in and there is a big red bow stuck to it.She gets out and said sorry,I sold your Daytona and got you this.Its a 05 black modded SRT4. Not used to good heat,dry ass,no belt squeal...etc. Love my SRT and have owned it a little more then 24 hours.What an amazing machine.Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
after a week in one I missed my GLHS. Granted it isn't a completely neglected POS, it works and nicely. But the only thing I really liked was the posi on the 04 I drove. The SRT is a long skinny car that doesn't like changing direction like an older TD. The handling just doesn't feel right, this is with full poly, Eibach Pro kit springs and Konis on an SRT 4. Lastly I don't like the long long dash and that bubble fish tank roof line. I do love the drivetrain, except for the lack of Getrag gears. But the Neon part I don't like, driving a fish tank. I may be old is why, I am 37 and have grown up in regular cars. I like the look of a regular windshield, even an 04 STi has the older body line. I do like that the one I drove ran 12.74 @ 110, and that is won CSP in autocross. Another bad thing I noticed about the new turbo vs the old. The older cars with some lag also have some vac at cruize and under a little load. The SRT engine is spooled up all the time ready to go. Any load at all and the engine is boosting and chewing fuel. I get 28-32 MPG with a T2 car and the SRT gets as low as 14 MPG, the SRT needs a bigger turbo as much to save fuel as to make more power. STi's have the same problem too from what I've seen. Mopar had the electric blue in 1990 and it was gorgous on the Daytona. Many years later and people consider that sube STi blue, that had a bad effect on blue SRT sales. But none the less it is the best looking SRT color. I would add a big FMIC and Eibachs Pro Kit yesterday, then it'll look perfect =)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts