Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the pair of solenoid valves used on the 87 TII Daytona engines. They are the wastegate and purge control. According to my dealer they are NS1 status. My wastegate one is flakey, it works great, then will apparently leak resulting in almost no boost, then stick another time resulting in 20+ PSI almost instantly. Since I am only running a 2 bar MAP sensor, it goes lean and misses. I generally have to control boost with the throttle when this happens. Thanks,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Solenoids usually don't go bad. They get dirty and stick. Go to MiniMopar Resources. There is a section on that site that tells you how to clean them. Worked great for my 87 CSX. Good luck.
Frank H.

·
Administrator
24,835 Posts
Did you ask them to run a parts locator? This will show all dealers in the country that have them in thier stock. If they gave you the part #'s I can run it for you.
If a dealer has it you can call them,have them physically check thier stock,pay them with your credit card and they will ship it to you.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, my guy is real good about running the parts locator, nobody had them.

·
Administrator
24,835 Posts
Well then that is a problem.
If you have the Mopar #'s your local parts supplier may be able to cross reference them to an aftermarket #. A lot of Mopar solenoids are listed as universal in the parts catalog which means the same solenoid is used for numerous applications.
The solenoid is only an on/off switch and they all operate the same.The only difference's will be connector(most are the same) and weather it is normally open or closed.
The baro solenoid for my vehicle is listed as universal and is still available from Mopar.
It is a 2 pin, 3 port(bottom being a vent) normally open solenoid, so maybe that will work for your application.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unforunately, these are the paired set forward of the baro solenoid on the inner fender. They probably fit other years. I will see if I can get a PN for the original. They are both the 3 port, 2 pin style, just on one bracket.

·
Administrator
24,835 Posts
If you cannot find replacements for the oe you may be able to use what Chrysler terms a "Universal" solenoid from a later year and you will have to fabricate a mounting bracket.
You just need to be sure of the connector and weather they are normally open or closed solenoids.
I would start by getting the part #'s and see if they will cross to any aftermarket #'s.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Just pick up a couple used ones. I'm sure there's 20 guys on here with them sitting on a shelf in their garage. I know I have a set in my garage. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just pick up a couple used ones. I'm sure there's 20 guys on here with them sitting on a shelf in their garage. I know I have a set in my garage. Good luck.

^^^
Agreed, I have the pair of solenoids and even a map sensor w/solenoid sitting on my shelf since I had my old shelby charger. If your interested in them PM me.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts