Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this belongs in the supercharged forums but guys no one ever posts in there and i need a response fast!

alright a guy on this board is selling a supercharger for the 2.2

well i have a 93 n/a 2.5 Shadow 5 spd manual...

Am i correct in saying with a complete 2.2 kit it will bolt right to my 2.5 motor?

with the stock pulley on a semi stock motor how much power you think this little thing would make? like what times it would run and such...

thanks for all info guys!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have the older kit......i run 15.8 @ 88mph on a 465 trans

the kit you are looking at is a bit smaller but it should be about the same it really depends on your carb.....it should also run around 3.5psi to 5 psi of boost with all the pulleys that come with it......remember your engine isn't low compression so much more boost than that and it could be detremental to your engine......

if you have any more questions let me know

tom

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/356824

·
Registered
109 Posts
On the supercharger / 2.5 question…as to whether it’s a bolt on, I'd say yes and no.

The SC's intake should bolt up no problem that’s the easy part.
Here is where it gets more difficult:

Keep in mind the old B&M SC kit was made for a 4 bolt crank pulley. Doesn't the 2.5 have a 5 bolt crank? (I’m not sure) You'll need to use the special pulley that came with the kit to spin the blower. Otherwise you'd have to get a custom one made.

Your TBI won't work with this SC, at least not without some serious engineering changes anyway.

On the electronics and fuel systems, I'd get a Mallory 2.2/2.5 mechanical distributor (3770901) to bypass the computer (they are pricey BTW). On the fuel side, I'd go with a Weber 38 carb which will bolt on the SC's carb adapter plate. The Weber 38 carb requires low pressure (about 3 psi) and if you use your electric pump you'd need a fuel pressure regulator for it. You also may need to rig up a different throttle cable setup when going to the carb.

Then there is the issue of engine compression, which may or may not be a problem. I’m not familiar with 2.5’s so I can’t say for sure.

Keep in mind too you'll also have to deal with hood clearance issues. That and you may have to deal with the B&M belt tensioner. The tensioner never worked right in an L body, but in your shadow it might. If not, we have some solutions here for that issue which we can get into later if you get it.

Anthony
1984 Dodge Rampage Supercharged.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/557514

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Here are some specks on the 2.5Tbi.
Displacement 153 in3 (2500 cm3)
Bore x Stroke 3.44 x 4.09 (87.5 x 104)
Compression Ratio 8.9:1
Power (SAE net) 100 bhp @ 4800 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 135 lb-ft @ 2800 rpm
Max. Engine Speed 5950 rpm
Fuel Requirement Unleaded regular, 87 octane
EPA Fuel Economy (mpg city/hwy) 27/33 (In a 1993 Sundance 5-speed)
If you wanted to run more boost you could put a G head on it to lower the compression...

Daniel Merrill

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pulley's are easy. http://www.emachinshop.com, use their software and get on with life. I'm having one made some day for my 2.2 commonblock.

See my other post about the adaptation of the TBI unit to the top of the blower. Its just a flat plate. its the same work as getting a real carb to fit up there. again http://www.emachineshop.com to the rescue :)

Run a larger TBI unit, grab some from the local salvage yard try to find some that can flow enough for 170 hp and have two injectors with impedence values that are similar to the stock elctronics (look at the TBI to TPI conversion pages for info on that) swap the car over to 1989 turbo electronics and have the comptuer calibrated to drive the injectors. No fussing with adapting a way to manage the charging system, your speedometer, tachometer, and the other etc things the stock computers monitor.

Stefan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts