Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for who ever can help out. I was recently given a 2.5 out of an 89 Caravan that I helped my neighbor pull out of his van after the tranny gave up. He was going to put it in another car, a Shelby, I think. But he is going off to the Millitary and basically said I could have it to sell off and fund a project i'm working on.

1) He said it has a forged crank and forged rods. How do I verify this?
2) As far as value on this thing, would I make more parting it out or selling it out right? I have a over sized intercooler and the computer too. (on that note, about how much do they go for? I didn't find any on ebay today.

Thanks, CJ

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so what I have gathered is the engine has forged rods but probably not a forged crank. Also none of these parts are aftermarket so the value is not likely increased since they are common.

Are there any other things I should look at? I think he said the injectors are stock, not sure if the turbo is stock or not. I do know he ran about 9-12lbs of boost on it it ran great at 9lbs but leaned way out at 12lbs.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I know absolutley nothing about turbos much less Dodges.

Thanks, CJ

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My fault, I talked with him today after posting and I missunderstood. In first gear it had 19lbs of boost but he said the waste gate was dumping on it through second gear and would drop it down to 7lbs. Like I said, this is all greek to me, I just want to sell it and make a little cash. If I pull the pan, what should I look for to see if the crank and rods are forged? I'm pretty sure the Turbo is a Garret, it seems like I saw that on there. I'll try to get some pics of it tonight.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, here's some pics. It does have the harness, which I thought it didn't. It also has the alternator, blow-off valve and the a/c comp. (that I don't think is good for more than just a core). The pics show everything I have. What do you think, $500 for all of it? Or should I part it out?

1 - 6 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.