Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge shadow shelby turbo csx Its been for sale for over a year and it will probably end up getting scrapped if no one buys it. Its about 3 hours from me and doesnt run, and I also have no place to put a non running car right now otherwise id probably try to get it.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
That's one clean car. Man i'd hate to see that stripped and scrapped.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Would make a great car. Too bad I live 3000 miles away.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS; 1989 Shelby CSX
204 Posts
32k CSX and nobody in CA has bought it yet?

It is 32K hard driven miles. This is a former SCCA racer that was raced in the Bay Area region with some success in the early 90's. I went down to see this car in July. It is whole, dent free (though I am sure it has filler in it as I saw some on the roof), and even has its roll bar. The son of the owner could not get it started for me when I visited. He suspected that it had a bad fuel pump. I came really close to buying this car, but I found out that it had a lien on it from the DMV. Supposedly, the DMV issues have been cleaned up now. However, I bought GLHS #988 a month ago and I don't have room for another car - especially one that has is not running, smogged, and licensed.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He dropped the price to $700 now. I have to drive down that way to pick up some parts for my alfa, so I may go and look at it if its still for sale, I dont know how id get it home or where I would put it though. lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
He dropped the price to $700 now. I have to drive down that way to pick up some parts for my alfa, so I may go and look at it if its still for sale, I dont know how id get it home or where I would put it though. lol
It is a very likeable car. Whole. Unmolested except for a roll bar, incorrect wheels, needing tires, and a separate oil cooler for the turbo. The driver's seat belt needs reconnecting. If it was running and registered, I would have been all over it. And as is, I came close to buying it just out of intrigue for owning a future vintage racer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Old showroom stock cars are kinda cool, the 87 csx did quite well too.
#705 has a 2nd place in the 1992 San Francisco Regional SCCA Championship. It could be very cool to run in vintage races a few years from now. I wish I had somewhere to put it to hang onto. :bang head

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i may try to get it, im going to hopefuly go look at it monday. I have the money and kinda have space, and I think i have a way to get it home, so that should be good enough. lol

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the guys number, if its not sold im going to go look at it monday and if I dont buy it I will post pics.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think i may try to get it, im going to hopefuly go look at it monday. I have the money and kinda have space, and I think i have a way to get it home, so that should be good enough. lol
Travis,

Let me know how you fare. I wish I could help on the transport and help you rescue this CSX. A rock tore a hole in my air bag shock on my Roadmonster Wagon when I went to Washington to get my GLHS. It won't support the weight of a trailer right now until I fix it.

I liked this car when I saw it over the summer. I just have no place to keep a non-runner.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went and looked at it today, I think im going to pass. It is complete, and non rusty. But, it has heavy body damage all over the whole car, it has been painted several times rather cheaply, the interior is pretty smelly and moldy, and it has sat for 13 years so everything rubber is going to have to be replaced. He also does not have the title for it. I took a bunch of pics, I will e-mail them to someone or post them later.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
I'd kinda like to see the pics.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As of like 4:00 yesterday it was still sitting in the guys driveway. Its really pretty nasty though, the shelby parts are probably worth twice what the rest of the car is (although you could say that for alot of them). Really the bset use for this car would be for a race/track day car. The body is IMO too badly damaged to restore it. It has been hit many times and just covered with a thick layer of filler (which is now cracking and falling off) and repainted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts